Search the forum,

Discuss Advise from experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Inverness

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys, just self employed less than a month...
How much do you charge for disconnecting a gas cooker and making safe, then reconnect it? Also is there a special form to fill out to give to the client to show a paper trail of the work that I done?
Even though I've got my qualifications this is still so much learning.

I would say around £150 as it sounds like two trips ??

Normally straight swap including new hose £80

You need to set a minimum charge
Mine is £60 but I sometimes drop to £50
Work out a price for jobs
Service £65
New hob £75
Etc etc
Let them know before hand then you don't get the 'you were only here 20 minutes

You need to set a minimum charge
Mine is £60 but I sometimes drop to £50
Work out a price for jobs
Service £65
New hob £75
Etc etc
Let them know before hand then you don't get the 'you were only here 20 minutes

Two trips and a new hose and stability bracket and test and make safe. Installing the old gas cooker back in place after new kitchen gets put bk in. .?

What ever you decide I would get paid for the first visit.
If not the kitchen fitter might just plug it back in and you will never see a penny

1st visit £55 to take out cooker, remove Bayonet fitting and fit 1/2" male plug to make safe and test.
2nd visit £85 to fit cooker, new bayonet, new hose and safety chain/bracket. Total £140.
There is no need to fill out a special form. your official invoice stating the work being carried out would suffice, as long as it has your contact details & gas safe number on it.

I have a cp12 document I could use this to fill out paper work for disconnecting gas cookers and then installing them after. I've looked online at plumbfix they now sell gas safe documents but not sure what one would fit this category. Could you have a look and see.

Last edited:
I would be laughed out the door down this way if I charged £100 2 trips to fit a cooker.

Chriat, how much do you guys charge for a straight combi swap then...just labour?
Depends on the job mate. And if existing customer or not and location of job. To be honest I am from the Midlands. 2nd most expensive place to live next to London.

The other week I quoted £150 to disconnect a cooker, drive it 10 miles to new house and connect, I didn't here back from them. Next time I'll quote £150 again, once your established there's no point undercutting yourself to get the work.

I see lots of unrealistic prices offered by customers, £100 to fit to Rads, £100 to fix a boiler, it's bot happening.

The other week I quoted £150 to disconnect a cooker, drive it 10 miles to new house and connect, I didn't here back from them. Next time I'll quote £150 again, once your established there's no point undercutting yourself to get the work.

I see lots of unrealistic prices offered by customers, £100 to fit two Rads, £100 to fix a boiler, £100 to fit a fire.....JOKE .

Reply to Advise from experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock