Search the forum,

Discuss Advise for oil please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi team hope all well, been told that I’m going to be fault finding on oil boilers and want some information please, I do breakdowns on gas/lpg all day everyday, so new to oil, will be doing my oftec soon and will book on some manufacturers training courses, there’s some grants but mainly Worcester in my area, some new but mainly the older models. I’m a bit nervous as new going into oil, where’s I’ve been doing breakdowns on gas for 10years.any feedback or good training courses in fault finding would be fantastic thanks for your time

Should be fairly straightforward for you, coming from gas repairs, over to oil.
Just follow the timing of the oil burner sequence and you usually will discover when exactly it fails and that will point to the most likely fault before you have to do anything.
First things I check is probably similar to gas breakdowns, the basics , - is there power at boiler? Is the fuel getting to burner?
A large number of boilers I go to are stopped because of oil tank empty or neglect, such as blocked oil filters, or water in oil.

No problem Jay Jay.
One thing I should mention is on a lot of older Worcester boilers and on other brands, the burners are often Electro oil/Bentone. The solenoid on their oil pumps is common to go faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advise for oil please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, all new to this breakdown life, currently waiting on getting on a training course, so just been relying on technical and instructions since I passed my oftec. The current boiler is a two pipe line off a tiger loop. I went to a Grant vortex boiler last week where the boiler went into...
Replies
Views
CJAY40
C
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock