Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Advice sought on business expectations in the Commercial Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. thenorthernplumber

thenorthernplumber New Member

Hi guys i'm self employed plumber in the north east i'm looking to grow my business and just wanted some idea of realistic numbers in reagrds to boiler installers and swaps per month, i currently do around 5 a month no advertising facebook or website, all of which im currently having designed and should be up and running at the end of the month would any of the guys that self employed on here says it realistic to be able to do 15-20 boiler installs per month with the correct advertising and work ethic

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

15/20 jeezzz , I couldn’t and wouldnt want to install that amount, its going some is that , but if you just do installs, no other work , plumbing etc , I would say it was possible, just !!!
    Good luck with it .

3. thenorthernplumber

The aim would be to build the business and take on a couple of good lads as we go but i wasn't sure how realistic and difficult it would be in attaining that number of installs per month

4. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

How long have you been self employed pal , have you heard the “ dont run before you can walk “ phrase lol , massive commitment taking on staff .

5. thenorthernplumber

I been at it about 5 years now so and had 5 years previous being employed so i'm not fresh out of water just never pushed things

6. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Just a simple question.

How do you differentiate your offering from everyone else? What's your USP?
    There is real point to the Qs.

7. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

That's decent 5 a month ish

8. thenorthernplumber

This is a fair question and to be honest i don't have a clear defined answer i take great pride in my workman ship and the reviews i'm now receiving which ill be publicising on my website and facebook page reflect that also i'm spending some of my budget on branding to help me standout but this isn't a real USP i'm finding it difficult to come up with one considering the game we are in a boiler replacement or fix is exactly what it says on the tin ! ( once the job is done to a high standard ) do you have any suggestions for my thinking cap.

9. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Good lads he says. Impossible that maybe, I say.

10. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

The good lads are probably self employed already. Will need an attractive package to get the right people and more importantly retain.

11. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

My point here is that without a USP of use to potential customers one has to consider just why they would choose your offering.

You are correct insofar as marketing will raise your profile but that marketing cannot simply be "Hello. Please buy from us" There has to be a 'because' element to the message.

The other aspect, as Harvest pointed out, is your team. Youll find the devil is in the detail of, yet again, 'why' would a good quality installer choose to work with you & not do their own thing?

Please dont think Im knocking your aspirations. We all need & deserve them but we must think things through, testing & retesting so that when you decide to 'do' it has the desired effect.

As mentioned, think it all through properly cos thats what will make it work for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List