Search the forum,

Discuss Advice please on new loo fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Had a new loo fitted and it's leaking from a flexible pipe that s had a water isolating valve put on it the leak is actually coming from the valve not the flexi , he's been back to tighten it but it's still leaking he said something about taping it if it's still leaking and I call him again which I have to , I know nothing about plumbing but since having this loo fitted have been on internet and I'm a bit worried about the flexi pipe angle as it's a very tight one and I have read about them splitting ??????? Please could anyone advise my best course of action . Have taken a few pics . Thanks for any advice you can give me .
IMG_20190302_234013.jpg
IMG_20190302_233916.jpg
IMG_20190302_234013.jpg
IMG_20190302_233916.jpg
IMG_20190302_234027.jpg
IMG_20190302_234007.jpg
IMG_20190302_234013.jpg

Well it's not the neatest is it. Why couldn't he move the tee piece behind the toilet so it wasn't on show.
What he means by taping it, is taking the valves apart and wrapping ptfe tape round the olives, while he's there get him to alter the flexi. It's under tension which it shouldn't be, putting an elbow after the iso valve and then into the flexi will remove the tension. It will still look a mess though.

I also can't tell from the pic but did he remove the paint off the pipe before fitting the iso valve?

Remembering that water runs downwards, use dry tissue paper and starting at a high point find where exactly does the leak start?
Are you saying that both the isolation valve and the flexi are new?

Yes it's been fitted a few days I can see the drip is from the valve i did put paper down as it isn't a huge drip but valve felt wet when I touched it so wanted to see if it was a drip and paper gets wet .

Yes it's been fitted a few days I can see the drip is from the valve i did put paper down as it isn't a huge drip but valve felt wet when I touched it so wanted to see if it was a drip and paper gets wet .
I give up!
Going to wash the van instead.

Last edited:
You sure it’s not condensation dry the valve leave it for 20-30 mins with no one flushing the toilet is it still wet ?

With great respect, get a plumber. That is an awful install. The whole thing smacks of one up from a DIY disaster.

The flexi should not be under any form of tension neither should it be flattened out as it is. These things will cause it to fail early and by jove you'll know it as your house floats down the road... :rolleyes:

Simply ask the plumber what they'll do to put it right. If they say:
- 'relocate and hard pipe' then that the best job
- if its 'disassemble, clean properly, modify and take strain off flexi' that's next best job.
- if its 'tighten up' then chuck 'em out.

Lastly, NO plastic pipe, NO plastic fittings. ;)

Had a new loo fitted and it's leaking from a flexible pipe that s had a water isolating valve put on it the leak is actually coming from the valve not the flexi , he's been back to tighten it but it's still leaking he said something about taping it if it's still leaking and I call him again which I have to , I know nothing about plumbing but since having this loo fitted have been on internet and I'm a bit worried about the flexi pipe angle as it's a very tight one and I have read about them splitting ??????? Please could anyone advise my best course of action . Have taken a few pics . Thanks for any advice you can give me .View attachment 37450 View attachment 37451 View attachment 37450 View attachment 37451 View attachment 37452 View attachment 37453 View attachment 37450
It is not the worst I’ve seen. Could be neater.

Flexi under stress.
Iso valve fitted to pipe not cleaned of paint.
Iso screw not perpendicular to wall.
Generally untidy finish
Didn't even bother to check for water tightness before buggering off with your cash.
Not really a pro job, is it?

Reply to Advice please on new loo fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock