Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss advice please: my plumber connected combi boiler to a shower pump in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. david adam

david adam New Member

hello
    i'm looking for advice from expert plumbers. i had a new combi boiler installed and then a major leak. turns out that the plumber didn't remove the power shower pump. he says 'it was under the bath how could i have known' which seems a bit cavalier to me. so my question: would a plumber doing a proper job check what they were connecting the new high pressure water from the boiler to? and should they check for something like a shower pump?
    thanks!
    david

2. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

you should have mentioned it to him on the site survey, if its not instantly visible as these things are normally on show in either the cylinder cupboard or the loft.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

He should have really asked you if you had any power shower or pump set up, but you should have also informed him.
    Pumps should not be below baths

4. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

New combi !! , are you saying it was already installed on the original combi ?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

didnt think that way was thinking boiler swap, so good call

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

I hate to say this but you obviously knew it was there, so why didn’t you tell the installer ..

• Like Like x 4
  7. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

To be fair to the OP, many customers are oblivious of what a tradesperson knows as the obvious.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

anybody can make a boo boo its how you deal with the boo boo that counts we got mains water coming out of a lpg pipe to an external garden tank once cause the instructions were in french

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cailean

Cailean Active Member

Every plumber should have a personal checklist for each thing they install from a loo to a boiler. I started doing this years ago and it gives me peace of mind. Now did I remember to use an olive in that fitting.... :)

10. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Did this - had to do a 60 mile round trip once - ? had I put the test nipple back in on gas meter ? hmm need to be sure return hello Mrs ? I think I left my cc card and wallet on the meter all ok phew

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

or tighten the meter test nipple up or put the boiler fga ports back :D

• Like Like x 1