Search the forum,

Discuss ADVICE PLEASE MINIMUM CLEARANCE ON A COMBI FLUE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

You can always request a free inspection by gas safe.
Would you be willing to share how much this cost you?

Tad on the high side for London area

This was to install boiler and 6 rads in a two bed maisonette. If his quote would have been higher I would have paid it as I trusted him. I said should I get a Valliant or Worcester boiler and he advised Intergas.

So new system so no too bad then

I was going to say, for a new system, that’s not bad. Don’t worry about the intergas boiler, you will be done with that :)

It might be a fair price but If the job isn’t done with some care and attention the price is sadly irrelevant because the job isn’t done right. Thank you for your reassurance and posts
I am glad I started the thread today .

The terminal of the flue is'ant 300mm from an opening
Good point, there does look to be a clear hole which may lead into the property. Although further investigation would be required to know for sure. There may be an old wooden soffit board behind the upvc one.

Hello All
They are the original soffit boards and the fascia is wood covered on upvc cladding which was added later . I intend to replace the soffis and fascia with new upvc ones very soon.
Will this be ok.
Thanks
Peter

Hello All
They are the original soffit boards and the fascia is wood covered on upvc cladding which was added later . I intend to replace the soffis and fascia with new upvc ones very soon.
Will this be ok.
Thanks
Peter

Yes just get them to use some silicon round the flue where they cut there upvc

Also condensate looks like it is coming through wall in overflow when it should be 1 1/4 through an external wall.

Thank you
From what has been said There seems to be more issues than I was aware of.
I will see this person again at some point and I now have the information I need to confront him.
Thanks

Reply to ADVICE PLEASE MINIMUM CLEARANCE ON A COMBI FLUE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock