Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on ways of getting qualified other than standard apprenticeship route in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys after some advice, I’m a 28 year old qualified carpenter who has always done plumbing work also. I am now looking to go into plumbing full time and currently work weekends for a plumbing company, he’s happy to train me up and in the new year take me on full time hopefully, but because of my age he doesn’t really want me to do an actual apprenticeship due to money and wages etc as I have a mortgage and a child. Although has said he will put me through doing oil as he’s oftec registered, I’ve heard there’s many ways of getting qualified including online nvqs through certain training companies. Which one of my friends who’s also a plumber works with someone who got his level two that way and is now doing his level three. Just wondering on the best way to go about doing it and whether anyone on here has an experience with any of these companies? Or if there’s any other ways as I want to get qualified. Appreciate any help thanks in advance
Antony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on ways of getting qualified other than standard apprenticeship route in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock