Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on new oil tank size camray 5 19-26kw boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have been asked to quote for a new oil tank. The house is a large 3 bed . It has a standard camray 5 19-26kw boiler. Also has an arger. I don't do much work with argers and unsure how much oil they use.
The access to where the tank will go is narrow so thinking of tall thin tank.
Any advise on what size tank
Thanks Ray

Tank 6' x 2'x 4' would hold 1000 + litres and suffice in most domestic situations. Heat from AGA would offset demand from boiler. With space at premium, tank can be made to special order with 6' dimension as height. Provide safe step access for operative to fill.
Having had past experience of delivery driver refusing to fill a new tank because it wasn't connected, (filter, shut off valve plus blanking plug, all in place) I now bury a length of outlet pipe in ground to avoid arguments.

A lot of people I find do not order or store much kerosine nowadays. Therefore most people have no need for a 2500 litre tank, - but ask the customer. Also always consider 2 tanks, - one of which could just do Aga. Got to be careful if you have just one pipe from one tank supplying an oil burner plus an Aga. Risk of affecting oil in Aga.
I personally think oil tanks need to be at least 1200 litre to allow customer to order 900 litre (which is slightly cheaper way to order) while still able to keep enough oil in tank.
An Aga in my opinion is hard on fuel and constantly uses oil - approx same as modest consumption of a pressure jet oil burner that heats entire house.
You can get the normal oil usage from Aga specifications if you look up exact model.
Oil boiler burner 26kw will be approx 2000 litres a year if well insulated house with average use, but it could be less or more depending on customers wants

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on new oil tank size camray 5 19-26kw boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock