Search the forum,

Discuss advice on fitting a new tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello can anyone advise how to connect a new tap with flexi pipe to the speed fit connection in the attached photo? The flexi pipe connection is smaller, would it be a reducing coupling?

image1.jpeg

These will do the trick, and don't forget your inserts
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/hep2o...1pcsDyULAu6EUT_jHYAaAkzREALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

.... taking care not to overtighten and cut the flat rubber washer in the flexi nut - not much more than hand tight. The iso valves sharp face tends to do this where the flat face of the hep suggested won't.

I've noticed recently at my suppliers, they sell iso valves with flat end male threads which overcome this problem of attaching flexi's to std iso valve sharp face. Should be able to source on the 'tinternet'

Reply to advice on fitting a new tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Help / advice please? I have attached pics I want to fit a new basin tap. The new tap came with flexible hose. Q1. Pic 1 - the fitting into the tap is recessed - how do I screw in the hose tight enough to 'fit' ? Q2. Pic 2 - shows the current hose fitted to the copper pipe and clearly the new...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a shower tower fitted and my flexi pipes (500mm) are about 7cm short of where they need to be to fit onto the mixing valve in the back of the shower. I cannot move the shower up and the next longest flexi pipe I can find is 900mm, which is about 830mm longer than I need.. Would a 15mm...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current tap is connected with copper down to plastic pipes. I've attached photos below of what's there now and what the new flexi tails look like (is that a...
Replies
Views
Hi folks Really daft question here but what tap connectors are you all using? I’ve picked up a couple of end feed with fibre washers today and the washers didn’t fit. Just would not fit over the little spigot that sits just inside the tap. I ended up using different washers which were baggy...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm considering fitting an isolator valve to 15mm feed to my toliet cistern. It would require cutting off an existing compression fitting for a flex hose, after which I'd only be left with maybe an inch and a half of pipe. I've never fitted a compression fitting before, can someone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock