Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Advice on best solution for pump for 2 showers in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. marc1977

marc1977 Member

Hi,

I currently have one pumped shower and one gravity fed. I want to add a pump to that one too. Is it best to have 2 separate shower pumps or a new 3.0 bar pump that can run both showers?

The current pump has a direct 15mm feed from the cold water tank in the loft and a 15mm feed from the top of the hot water cylinder. It would be good if I could re-use these pipes for both showers however I wonder if they need to be 22mm if Im going to run 2 showers at once. so in short

1) Can a 15mm feed to a single 3.0 bar pump run to showers?
    2) If not should I swicth this to 22mm OR just install a speate pump and new hot and cold feeds?

Thanks

Marc

2. johnf

johnf Active Member

Hi Marc
    15mm cold feed should not be used for a cold feed for one pump let alone two. Stuart Turner pumps have a good technical team and if you give them a call they can advise you well on this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Plumbstar Tom

Plumbstar Tom Well-Known Member

I think you would have to consider increasing your cistern size too. two power showers use water up very quickly

• Like Like x 2
  4. marc1977

marc1977 Member

OK thanks - I read that about the cistern size however we have the same amount of showers now, just one after each other so dont think it will be a massive problem.

5. Plumbstar Tom

Plumbstar Tom Well-Known Member

yes but one is gravity fed and now it will be a power shower so it will be using water a lot quicker. If you run that pump dry it could write it off

• Like Like x 1
  6. marc1977

marc1977 Member

ok thanks

7. marc1977

marc1977 Member

i mean we only use the power shower now but have 3 showers in a row but there is enough hot water

8. Radioman

Radioman Active Member

Yes but your CWT supplies hot and cold to the shower. What size is the current tank?

9. marc1977

marc1977 Member

50 gallon

10. Radioman

Radioman Active Member

Double up on cold water storage.