Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed with gas supply problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

layzee D

Hi all. Need some advice on a problem with a customers gas supply in a flat. A customer has contacted me coz their supply is too low at the inlet at their vaillant 837. With the 12 kw hob and chimneysweep (P01) it's 9mbar. The muppet who installed the boiler ran a 22mm trac pipe from the meter under floor in corridor, up the stairs, under floor and up to the boiler and hob. It's a long run, with bends it's getting onto 26m! The plan was to chase a new tracpipe of 28mm into wall. But after phoning tracpipe, I would need a 32mm!! And that's the nom dia. So after taking into account the outside of pipe and placing a thin steel 'anti screw' plate, the depth is getting close to 50mm. And on a party wall that's far too deep.
I spent all day on the phone to Brit Gas and and transporter. They said I can move meter, as I have it on my ticket. Unfortunately the whole floor is engineered wood, and taking that up is out, as they been quoted 4 grand!
Is using the existing tracpipe an option and fitting a secondary ECV and meter by boiler? Obviously supplying boiler and hob from outlet of new meter position. I really wanted to avoid this job as I knew it was going to be a complete swine. Thanks in advance. Dave

Can you get a pressure reading before the pressure regulator when all appliances on and time of day say weekend when street pressure should be at max demand. just a thought, then a few calcs should help figure out what pressure you will get at the regulator (cannot remember what the minimum is) - At least then technically from a pressure POB you will know if its worth doing, after that I would contact Gas safe and ask them if the install method is OK, you may need extra labelling at meter to point to primary ECV with a drawing etc, anyway good look at let us know as its a good problem to have :)

Thanks B-S. transco has changed the meter as it has a leak on the test point, and it's 30mbar on ecv side, but like you said, that could fluctuate

well, worth doing a quick calc, on your trac pipe. There may be some diversity you can apply to the appliances so you don't sum all the KW to get a PD . I suspect if you loose 5mbar before meter you may struggle with regulation. At any rate if you are raising th pressure from 21mbar at old meter position to 21mbar at new meter position and you had 9mbar before. You would expect the pressure to be 18mbar at boiler - so in the zone... lol
If its not too much of a faff, maybe worth just temp connecting it all together and see what you get, if its a good improvement, happy days

Hi LayzeeD, please send a picture of your Gas Safe card to one of the admins to gain entry to our GSR-only forum. For reasons every GSR will understand, we can't give detailed advice or opinions on the open forum. I think we've already gone a bit too deep...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok masood. Sorry to be a twit, but how do I send a photo to an admin, and which one?

Slightly changed again!

Send an email with an image of your current gsr card to [email protected], remembering, of course, to tell us who you are on the forum!

We'll deal with it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice needed with gas supply problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock