Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed regarding gas course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rhysb

hi there hope this is posted in the right place,

I have been working along side plumbers and gas engineers over the last 4 years since leaving school,Unfortunatly i have no qualifiactions in plumbing or gas and wanted to no what the next step would be to take i,e courses finding placement.I have worked doing both domestic and commerical work and have a very good understanding as i have been doing it so long sadly the guy i worked with has now retired due to ill health and i do not now have a placement to start a course.I am based in wolverhampton and just wonderd if there was any one looking to take some one in the wolverhampton area? thanks rhys

Hi Rhysb welcolme to the forum. It's a shame you didn't ask the question 4 years ago. You would have had quite a fat gas portfolio going there. You had the golden fleece in your hands but didn't realise it. Why not try the local college for advice and information. The biggest problem these days is getting work with a plumber or even more difficult, a gas safe engineer. You've had quite a good start why don't you try contacting plumbers you've met along the way. It's not what you know but who you know these days. Good luck.:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice needed regarding gas course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a commercial gas engineer to assist with servicing, callouts etc. work is mostly london based but also have sites in kent/essex. I am a ltd company thats been running for 12 years and am now looking to expand. Ideally im looking for someone who is self employed (or another ltd...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
  • Question
Hi all. I recently upgraded our CH system, but rather than the expected drop in gas consumption, Octopus is saying we're using roughly 30% more! The installer has said they can downrate the boiler, but to my mind that addresses maximum consumption, not any inefficiencies there may be relating...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the industrial gas market. That ranges from installing cryogenic storage tanks, pumps and pipework to high pressure Hydrogen systems and bulk LNG. My work has...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock