Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed pipe size and where to change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all pretty new to the forum and was after some advice.
I am fitting a new bathroom/wet room in a house I have just bought and wanting to move the waste thus putting a new length in and a boss onto the 4inch soil that is set in the concrete floor. My question is am I ok to run the 1 1/2 pipe from shower to pick up the bath then into the boss a length of about 3 metres concreted int the floor or should I extend the 4inch as far as I can under the bath and shower then just drop down with the smaller pipe into the 4inch.??? Would it make a difference either way?

I have taken the concrete up in the room as to get the wastes where I want them.

tbh you would be better installing 2" if your going to tee the bath into the shower waste

Ah ok so the 2onch would be better to take them both and would be ok concreted back in then.

yes as-long as its supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice needed pipe size and where to change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Bungalow built in 2001. All copper pipework (water and heating) runs in channels of expanded foam polystyrene between a concrete floor and OSB boards. Pipe are lagged in stitched felt and what looks like bubble wrap with sand (?) over the top. During the bathroom refit, I lifted up some of the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock