Search the forum,

Discuss Advice for low usage electric based DHW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Good morning all, I'm after advice so I hope this is the appropriate page to ask.
My wife is opening a health clinic and there will be 4 treatment rooms, a small kitchen and toilet. I haven't got a clue what to use for hot water but it will be electric. Each of the 4 treatment rooms will have a WHB and hot water used will not be that much, frequent hand washing etc in the rooms, minimal dishes and a few litres everyday for floor cleaning. I've been looking at 100l unvented cylinders (my preferred choice) and I've also been looking instant in-line heaters but I have no experince or knowledge of them. My concern with them is the pressure if more than one tap is on but I can't imagine that will happen frequently.
Any thoughts would be appreciated and thanks in advance folks.

IMO a 90 litre unvented would be the best long term option , assuming you have the room for one and all associated pipework , however you need to have your water pressure and flow tested to see if a unvented is suitable.
Otherwise , 4 undersink 10/15 litre units would work , but they are cheap and dont seem to last that long .

Contributing as a spark, you need to consider the installation costs of both of these ideas you are considering ...................

I think a hot water cylinder makes better sense in the long run, far less to go wrong and more importantly far less chance of scolding customers and / or employees

Also don't forget you need to be qualified to install either under G3 regs/rulings

Reply to Advice for low usage electric based DHW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock