Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Advice for bathroom please in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. GrahamS

GrahamS New Member

Hello all,

I'm hoping for some advice if anyone can spare a moment to assist.
    Attached is picture of a bathroom my better half found on the net and we'd very much like that basin/wc unit for our bathroom.
    At a guess, it looks like it's custom - unless anyone knows where something similar can be found?
    If it is a custom job, any thoughts on how difficult it would be to construct?
    Only real alterations for us would be taps in sink rather than wall and toilet would be floor mount not wall hung.
    We've not got a lot of space - 1100mm wide and something that shallow would be ideal. Standard 400mm deep cabinets are going to take up a lot of space in our bathroom...
    Any suggestions gratefully received.
    Thanks.
    G

6b09858a-0258-4cba-8f94-1857918de2c1.jpeg

2. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Anything can be custom made these days. I wouls suggest however you find a plumber first and then work with them to realise your vision.

We cannot realistically comment as we have no idea of your existing configuration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Well-Known Member

I saw a basin like that at AMS Ormskirk, yesterday or ring their warehouse at Burscough ..AT Carr. centralheatking

4. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

That flooring confuses my eyes:p:confused:

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

6. Chuck

Chuck Well-Known Member

Looks like the photo may be taken in the USA to me.

I've never known anyone get ceramic bathroom fittings custom made. It would cost a fortune for the mould. Swapping taps and handles for designer ones does the trick for most people.

If you are short of space think really carefully about the usability of the finished bathroom as well as what it is going to look like.

For example, having the basin tap sticking out over the centre of the basin like that is not a good idea. Looks elegant but users will keep bashing themselves on it, e.g. when trying to wash hair. Also, that basin looks too shallow to me and its large base area means it will take a lot of water to fill. Then there's a shaver socket but where's the mirror and where's the person shaving supposed to stand?

7. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber

Don't know if its just the laptop I'm on, but when I scroll up and down it does some very odd things to my eyes!

8. Harvest Fields

Nothing to do with you mate. Definitely the flooring.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Roy_66

Roy_66 Member

What flooring do you intend ?

Cant tell from pic if the loo sits on the floor at all or if its completely wall mount.

I've not done one yet, but I like the idea of a wall mount loo, because if the floor covering needs to come up at any point the loo can stay in place and operational.

That said for wall mount I think it does need a proper steel frame inside the cabinet that is securely fixed to the floor and walls. So what kind of wall do you have behind the loo. I'd elect for the outside solid wall if possible to ensure good fixing.

Roy

10. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Well-Known Member

Wall mounted bogs can be a nightmare. Big bums and heavy
    people and inadequate wall construction Rob Foster centralheatking

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roy_66

Roy_66 Member

Yes I've thought that. Wouldnt do it with a stud wall, or light weight blocks. Floor will need to be robust too. All that probably rules out a lot of houses.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Active Member

Roy. In fact a stud wall is probably best; fixings into timber are usually better than into brick/ block. Obviously it requires putting noggins in at the appropriate places but that would all be hidden by the frame and boxing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Stu-B

Stu-B Member

Put the seat down :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Harvest Fields

Standard rule in my house that mate. There girls around.:p

• Like Like x 1