Search the forum,

Discuss Adjusting temperature on this type of radiator valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my flat I have two types of radiator valve, one that can be adjusted just by turning and a different type of valve (shown in pictures).

_20171018_191823.JPG

IMG_20171018_192254228.jpg

Sometimes I want to control the temp in different rooms. If I want to adjust the temperature on these radiators, is the only way to unscrew them and manually adjust the temperature with a spanner?

Thanks.

These are not much use i am afraid they are either on or off , you need thermostatic radiator valves fitted to have tempreture control. Cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adjusting temperature on this type of radiator valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one or setting 5 makes no difference - the radiator is blazing hot. For small bedrooms this is pain cos the room just heats up too much. we first...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on the other side I noticed a blank top with no valve or peg sticking out that allows you to turn on or off (see pictures). I checked the other rads in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi all, have a radiator in the hallway which has never worked. When I bled the radiators few days ago I checked the hallway one, and it appears to have pressure. The valve on the right of the radiator is fully open, now the valve on the left I am confused about. It is the type with a small...
Replies
Views
I have recently had this radiator fitted and currently it gets very hot. I would like to turn the radiator temperature down however I'm unsure which valve I need to turn. I am not sure which is the flow or return. Or does it not make a difference? At the moment, both valves in the picture are...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock