Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Adding Room thermostat in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Kayleigh Morton

Kayleigh Morton New Member

Hello all,

Apologies in advance as this is probably going to be a daft question. I do not appear to have a thermostat anywhere in my house. I have a danfoss programmer underneath my boiler and another in my bedroom. My question being is it possible to add a room thermostat to my living room ? It’s blooming freezing in there.. rest of the house appears to warm up before this room and then heating just switches off before actually getting the living room warm. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

2. Chuck

Chuck Active Member

A thermostat is a good idea but is not going to solve your problem. The system probably just needs balancing and/or flushing but there are other possibilities.

Get a local heating engineer with a good reputation to review your setup and advise you on remedial action.

3. Kayleigh Morton

Thank you for your response. We recently had a radiator changed over so I believe the system was flushed at this point. The house is only 3 years old and that room has never been warm. I’ll look at getting someone out. Thanks

4. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

What leads you to believe that they flushed the system

5. Kayleigh Morton

I remember them mentioning about putting a special fluid through?! Maybe I misunderstood.

6. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

They probably just added inhibitor but this doesn’t do much if the water in your radiators is already filthy and sludgy

7. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Only 3 years old ?

It should have a room thermostat

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chuck

Chuck Active Member

And shouldn't need flushing so soon either!

9. Kayleigh Morton

Well I feel stupid now! After hunting high and low I have found a strange looking box on the wall in the hallway.. called a danfoss ts2. Am I right in thinking this is taking the temperature on that area? Thanks

10. ShaunCorbs

Yep remote sensor

11. ShaunCorbs