Search the forum,

Discuss acs in notts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

yo!
doyou know of a descent acs course provider (or do i need foundation?) in the nottinghamshire area or near to, for cat 2 applicant please. have beenlooking all over but keep finding what i think is quick-fit centers.
confused.com.:confused:
thanks lads.

hi mate

there is a course at derby college that does the lot give them a bell

thnx 4 that, but i wont want to drag out a year or 2 with 19 year olds doing half a day a week.
ok if nothing better to do, but to be honest rather just knuckle down and get it done in a week or two.

Hi whats your comments ref how much plumbing experience should i have before going for my Gas Safety ticket.
I know where i can get a 4 week course to get started.:rolleyes:

there are plenty of courses out there the problem is getting a gas safe engineer to let you work with them while you build a portfolio of evidence the min is really 6 boiler installs and 6 boiler services for cen1
6 cooker installs and 6 landlord certs for ckr1 etc

name a couple in the east mids for me then please,
doing the installs now with engneer so no prob there.
where do you get the cen1 and ckr1 swtats of 6 from out of curiosity is it written as min before entry?
cheers.

met uk is where i am doing mine and the figure of six is kind of an unwritten rule if u have a engineer then youre laughing as the practical will be easy...the theory is a bit of a brainache as so much is based on open flue and regs in first 3 weeks i was only in bays for around 5 hrs
my advise would be before going on the course read up on basics of gas regs/combustion/ventilation/flues and you will have a much easier time

I have heard favourable reports about GASGain in Mansfield for training. AFAIK there are no written requirements about the level of work per appliance type in your portfolio. It needs to be balanced and have a good spread of work across the appliance types you want to work with. If you have got a registered installer to work with and sign off your portfolio then you are off to a good start. Much of the ACS is theory and very important to fill in the background to practical work.
any prior knowledge of plumbing work is only useful on the practical pipe work side. It doesn't not help much with the ACS.
As training material the old Viper manual was excellent, sadly now only available on line.

thanks for the input newbie.
bob croft thanks for that too, i was told of that one in mansfiel but forgot the details.
will check them out later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to acs in notts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock