Search the forum,

Discuss ACS in London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

twitchboy

Can anyone recommend somewhere in London that is particularly good to renew my ACS qualifications? I've been out of the game for a long time but thinking about getting back in. Cheers.

There used to be a place at the old gas works on old kent road better gas training services was brilliant. Did my initial assessment there years ago.

It's now called EG training or similar I think and it's either Swanley or crayford unsure which. But Google will throw it up. The names Paul chambers and Paul Lucy ring a bell think they ran things

I trained in 2009 , when I walked in I did not have a clue about plumbing, heating, gas ! Now 5 years gone and working for my self and will be going back for renewing my ACS+5

Cheers fellas. Some good options here.

Anyone tried or heard anything about Logic4training in Northolt or Gas Safety Services Training in Wandsworth?

There used to be a place at the old gas works on old kent road better gas training services was brilliant. Did my initial assessment there years ago.

It's now called EG training or similar I think and it's either Swanley or crayford unsure which. But Google will throw it up. The names Paul chambers and Paul Lucy ring a bell think they ran things

Haha small world. That's where I did my initial ACS back in 2006/2007. They were good blokes alright but I heard they'd closed down. I went into the gas trade really enjoying the work itself but I didn't anticipate how much I'd dislike spending so much time sat in a van driving around. It wasn't for me at the time so I went into static site building services instead. Now I want to get back into the gas game but I want to focus solely on getting experience of breakdowns and servicing. I've done enough install work.

I trained in 2009 , when I walked in I did not have a clue about plumbing, heating, gas ! Now 5 years gone and working for my self and will be going back for renewing my ACS+5

Fair play mate. Did you train yourself or did you have someone to guide you before you started up?

I worked with few gas fitters for over 1 year and got enough expirience to pass my ACS .
Now just chasing the work around , some weeks work chase me but most of the time is me chasing the work .......
all I can say is find a GSR plumber and be polite and listen to him/her and he/she will train you

Logic4training in my opinion are very good and I would recommend them to people; they are very professional and everything seems to be well structured in what they deliver.

The trainers also come across well and are very knowledgeable/helpful.

Yeah I did my energy efficiency at logic4training. Good blokes there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ACS in London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all I'm a limited company that's been running for 12 years and I have a lot of ongoing work, 99% commercial, and a lot of it plumbing, in London and the Southeast I'm looking for an experienced self employed engineer (or another ltd company like myself), own transport, tools etc. good rates...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a commercial gas engineer to assist with servicing, callouts etc. work is mostly london based but also have sites in kent/essex. I am a ltd company thats been running for 12 years and am now looking to expand. Ideally im looking for someone who is self employed (or another ltd...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial market (i.e. tendering to main contractors flats etc). My background is a commercial manager, I use to do plumbing years back so technically I would not...
Replies
Views
Hello, I still hold gas certs but have been out of the game for a couple years due to a long time illness. After several interviews I have found a company who is willing to give me a trial day with one of there gas engineers. Am I right in saying I am unable to touch the appliances, do any...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock