Search the forum,

Discuss Accumulators? Simple??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikewt

Gas Engineer
Are accumulators as simple as redirecting the mains from the unvented cylinder thru the accumulator then back into the pressure reducing valve to the cylinder giving equal pressure accross hot and cold??
Or am i missing something?

it's so you can boost the pressure by use of a pump on the mains i think

Im looking at one without a pump. Iv got 3 bar and 14 lmin but it on 15mm mains. Looks to me like you jus run the mains thru it to the accumulator. With non return valves.

I made a few enqs on these a while ago. Can't remember the company but they were very helpful. You have to connect it to the mains after the kitchen tap. You then need to set the pressure at whatever the highest pressure of the house is. you need to test the pressure at varying times of the day. if the highest pressure is 2.5 bar then you can set it at 2.5. That is the pressure you'll get. Apparently.

mains in to acumulator mains out to pressure reducing valve and then to unented cylinder ,the job of acumolator is to maintain same pressure during peak and off peak hours ,works good the one i fit could not adjust it but did good job

Thanks blod. Thats the sort of thing iv been looking for. I had it in my mind roughly how that looks. In gonna get a horizontal one an stick it in the loft i think. Ill lift all the insulation from under it an jus lay it over so it shouldnt freeze.

If you've got a small loft hatch you can fit smaller ones in series. Advanced water have a good selection of different sized ones.

i was told recently these dont comply with water regs as they are effectively a dead leg

I'd agree they are a dead leg, but would that then mean all the unvented cylinders fitted with expansion vessels don't comply with regs either ?

Im looking at one without a pump. Iv got 3 bar and 14 lmin but it on 15mm mains. Looks to me like you jus run the mains thru it to the accumulator. With non return valves.

Yes, that's correct. It will store and delivery water at your static pressure. i.e. 3 bar.

Just checked back on the TWS siste - any one found where the demo has gone? The website has gone all consumer instead of technical ./ installer, and I don't see that wonderful graphic that they used to have :)

Got one we need to install for a farmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Accumulators? Simple??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock