Search the forum,

Discuss access2trade careers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the rev

hi guys
i bet you have heard all this before ? But im just about to sign up for this plumbing course which is want i want to do BUT i cant get any kind of feed back about this course in particular . There is loads of bad one's about train 2 trade and all the fast track type's ?But this one is every things very glossy and goood but my wife is a wee bit worry'd about lossing 7k over night and getting a moody badly printed book with some kind of note on the lines of thanks for the cash im off to the sun:) you mug??. Has any body got any thing to say about this or am i just getting worry'd over nothing
with thanks
the rev:cool:

? never heard of them, certainly cant be big league player anyhowe £7k is hell of a price. i expect you get a gas ticket and franchise job oppertunity with that one?.
good luck.

rev, some courses are better than others.

your best course that wont cost you 7k will be found at your local college.

read all the small print VERY carefully, before handing over a penny, especially the stuff about placement and on site training. search through some of the post both here and everywhere else first.

good luck

hi shaun
good point. it done by a module system ie most if it is on line and then you go of to worcestershire for a weeks practical. And once you have done that guess what? you get another module to do. there is 6 in total and by the end you have all the quals to get on with life .ive got a mentor who wont pay me but at least i will all the experence that i need . But as for a collage course ive missed it it started in september 2 eve's a week for 2 years oh well. But the big picture is am i doing the right thing for me and my family by doing this and getting out of my current job which ive been doing for the last 22 yrs hohum. This is a massive change for me i just need any good info on this mob good or bad . never heard of them wont do

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rev, I recently had a similar issue with access 2 trade careers, in the end I didn't go with them, the hard sell regarding sign today or never just put me off! In the end I hung on, looked else where, viy training looked great but traveling from midlands was an issue and ultimately the deciding factor. Whilst waiting I went on an open day workshop with uk one training. They are small in comparison with just one centre, but its a cracking centre with cracking trainers and the course was 60% cheaper!(than access2tradecareers) The only issue was uk one could not offer a finance package and required payment by end of course, but at £2995 all in inc vat i did manage to get the funds upfront and the experience was both personal and rewarding. The central heating training in particular was just great!!! If you're in the birmingham or west midlands area it may well be worth giving them a look.

And i agree, local colleges are great, excellent value and reputable, but getting on one was a nightmare! I'd decided well in advance, as early as april to contact three surrounding fe colleges regarding enrolment. Two advised me to attend enrollment day in first week of september only to be told plumbing courses were fully booked in July! Was told only courses on offer were 12 day ocn basic intro to plumbing things, and would I like to go on next years waiting list for plumbing level2? the other college was offering the nvq 6089 to people who had work placements only! so er, i failed on all three counts there. So going to a private plumbing training centre was the only option within my time frame, but it as well worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a visit from the Access2trade bloke today. It seems very good but something doesn't feel right although I'm not sure that's because I've been looking at the pitfalls on here.

I've looked at local colleges and unless you're already partially trained or working as a plumber, they don't want to know.

Who did you end up using in the end rev?

Hi steve p
no m8 i didnt go with access 2trade as thay wernt the people for me with family ties and the module & the time away from home didnt float my boat so i look'd around and found a place called STEVE WILLIS TRAINING
in burgess hill sussex which is a good place if now been there since before xmas this is the place for as thay do evening's 42 weeks 2eves then 1 exam then 160days field work then your finals so all going well by the end of 2010 ile be there .It was also less tha half the price of a2t But the outher thing is i want to do gas not plumbing BUT all thease centre's kept telling me that you have got to do plumbing before you do gas:mad: cod's m8
at STEVE WILLIS TRAINING if you want to do gas you do gas BUT haveing the plumbing behind you does help as this will shorten the course by half
good luck with what you do
the rev

Seem like a sales organisation to me. Looking to retrain and been to a few places to look round. Called this lot last week - the girl I spoke to didn’t know anything about the course at all – not even what certificates u get, how long it takes or wht it costs. Asked where id do the training and she said ‘near me’ but looking on there website they only have one centre - all seems a bit weird. Was told id get called back by someone else but heard nothing from them since then so looking elsewhere. Does anyone know if they are still in business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to access2trade careers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock