Search the forum,

Discuss Access training wales?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dalejones

Ok I'm working full time and know a lot about plumbing I just want to get my quals but don't have time to spend 2 years in college, then I stumbled accross access training, they have offered me city & guilds (6035) 15 week (weekends only) for £4395 I'm so tempting but the price is abit steap

Does anyone have any experience with access training who could give me the go ahead to take out a loan to pay for the coarse or does anyone suggest anything different? They also offer a extra 2 week coarse to gain nvq level2 for a further £1500? Does anyone think this is overpriced?? Thanks

How did you get on with this? I am in the exact position (employment wise - the part time/weekends suit me perfectly) and have been offered the same price. Researched Access Training - some positive reviews, some not so good. Naturally i'm a bit cautious of handing over £4395

[DLMURL]http://www.walsalltraining.com/Level%203%20Award%20in%20Safe%20Systems.htm[/DLMURL]

Some of our lads are doing this, costs about £1500. The place has a good rep and give good advice on the way forward. (I don't work for them)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'm working full time and know a lot about plumbing I just want to get my quals but don't have time to spend 2 years in college, then I stumbled accross access training, they have offered me city & guilds (6035) 15 week (weekends only) for £4395 I'm so tempting but the price is abit steap

Does anyone have any experience with access training who could give me the go ahead to take out a loan to pay for the coarse or does anyone suggest anything different? They also offer a extra 2 week coarse to gain nvq level2 for a further £1500? Does anyone think this is overpriced?? Thanks

thats way too much, the 6035 isnt really recognised, you need the 6189 full nvq if you were looking to get employed as a plumber and even then you would struggle not being time served. Their prices are ridiculous, they quoted me £5500 to do my gas!

Also you cant get an nvq unless you're working with a plumber to sign your work off

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Access training wales?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2. Access training are offering an assessment package for £1500, which is competitive, but I am now nervous given the reviews I have seen on here. I am...
Replies
Views
I have just completed my training with Scots Gas Training based in Stirling so I thought I would leave a review for anyone who may be considering a career change of direction. I visited a couple of training centres in Scotland before signing up to the Scots Gas Training course, one centre I...
Replies
Views
I am currently going through a career change to be a plumbing and heating engineer. I have completed a year long plumbing and heating diploma level 2 at college and have signed up with a assessor at the college. It has been hard to find a placement as most plumbers either don't want the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I am about to sign up for a plumbing course City & Guilds 6035 level 2 at Access training academy in Welwyn Garden City. The course is part time weekend 15 weeks and costs 3000 £. Haa anyone done this plumbing coursw at Welwyn garden? Any rewies will be appreciate Thank you
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so apologies if i'm posting in the wrong place but i need a little advice. I'm looking at courses to become a plumber - i started when i was in college did a level 1 and didn't continue with it stupidly enough, i'm 27 now have a mortgage and want to get back into it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock