Search the forum,

Discuss AAV below sink flood level. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I understand the "reasons" for a AAV/Durgo required to be fitted above the highest flood level on a stack. In the case of - say - an upstairs WC flushing that all makes sense, no point in fitting AAV below if there's a fat heavy plug of water falling down the pipe.

..But in the case where there is only a sink or basin emptying (via 32/40mm pipe) into a 110mm stack, there is simply never going to be a "plug" of water filling the 110 stack with any ability to push air ahead of it. I see no reason why it's not OK just to fit the AAV above WC level on the top of a stack terminated below sink level.

Can someone tell me otherwise?

Building regs document H gives guidance on this it is available free to download . cheers kop

There are aav's or durgo valves that are approved for fitting below food level of the appliance or appliances it services, you just need to check that what you are doing is fit for purpose and approved. Like kop says, doc h is free to download and gives guidance on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to AAV below sink flood level. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, Just in process of relocating kitchen & utility to other side of house but have a question re venting requirements. I intend to connect a sink and dishwasher in the kitchen and a sink and washing machine in the utility room to a 50mm waste pipe running within the suspended floor to...
Replies
Views
Joeab88
J
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you? I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections...
Replies
Views
I'm building a new build bungalow and have 3 stub stacks coming up through the block and beam floor. I will be installing an external Soil Vent Pipe at the head of the drain, but I am unsure of how to terminate/ventilate the 3 stub stacks. My ideal solution is to put an AAV at low level behind...
Replies
Views
Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I get a quick sense check on the below, always wanting to work 1 step ahead, eventually planning to add an en-suite to my existing loft conversion. Got...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock