Search the forum,

Discuss A strange plumbers merchants... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gas installer event...it’s like a massive plumbers merchants but nothing has a price on. If you want a price it comes with a long bum sales pitch! When you finally get the price, it’s more then your local merchants lol. Gas safe stand, guys all eating doughnuts!

First time I ever went, I didn’t see a Baxi stand, that speaks volumes. Unless I missed it? Ticked it off my bucket list though for sure....rant over folks.

Gas safe stand eating doughnuts hmmmmm sounds about right . Nobody interested or cares we must do the work for them gsr means joke

Some guy selling the neatest lagging cutting device and I was well impressed. But the nagging voice in my head saying, that ain’t lasting more then a week on your van mate.

Or the Rothenberger guy, how long can you talk for about a box, containing a blow torch, a map gas and a missing pair of grips? You’d be surprised! At the end he said, yep and if you have several of these boxes they stack on top of each another lol.

Ok back to my reality, where tools go missing, boxes don’t stack right and when in a loft the biggest concern is not putting a foot through the ceiling, forgive me if my lagging joint is out by .5mm

Ok back to my reality, where tools go missing, boxes don’t stack right and when in a loft the biggest concern is not putting a foot through the ceiling, forgive me if my lagging joint is out by .5mm

I used to be in this world. Then I changed and started getting more tidy and organised. It makes a massive difference with not losing tools and saves time/money in the long run.

General exibitions are not now really very good, and do not represent value for the companies taking part. The internet is ripping them apart.
centralheatking

I used to be in this world. Then I changed and started getting more tidy and organised. It makes a massive difference with not losing tools and saves time/money in the long run.
It's one of those things I wish I'd realised years ago. In my forties with not many more years left on the tools I realised the value of tidying my own space as well as the customers... :rolleyes:

True and it quickly gets messed up again!

Yeh, if someone told me 20 years ago I will be going to Argos for most boiler parts, or sales girls at gas installer stopped wearing heels...I’d say, get the **** outta here.

True and it quickly gets messed up again!

Yeh, if someone told me 20 years ago I will be going to Argos for most boiler parts, or sales girls at gas installer stopped wearing heels...I’d say, get the **** outta here.
The Plumbing & Heating market is fragmenting. Never under estimate the power of your local plumbers merchant
...great practical advice....then there is screwfix etc cheap but no knowledge...in the middle are BQ etc ...expensive no knowledge but loads of operatives wandering around like its an AsDa ...this type of operation is not goung to survive ...centralheatking

The best thing I ever did was start carrying three pencils. By the end of the day I've either got one pencil behind each ear and another one in my sleeve pocket or I've got none but I got through the day without having to use my pocket knife as a scribe.

went out for meal with my now
1st ex wife. Got home had shower , got ready smart clothes went out, at some point she ruffled my hair and out fell my pencil from behind my ear.
our other guests fell about laughing , she did not centralheatking

Reply to A strange plumbers merchants... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock