Search the forum,

Discuss A little reassurance/help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

So we have anew build (if it matters) and we removed 1 radiator, and we will exchange 1 with vertical.

My questions are:

Does it matter which pipe we will connect where on the vertical radiator?- We want it to be connected on the top to avoid extending the existing pipes (they are flexible PVC. Also hubby didn't mark which one was on which side of the old radiator so currently we don't know from which pipe does the water come from the boiler)

For the radiator we removed we have caps.. so we just put them at the ends of the pipes?

Let me know if you need more info so you can help and thanks a lot!!

Yes it can greatly impact it. If you link the two ends and turn the heating on, the one that heats quickest is flow

Unfortunately the current state of the pipes doesn't allow us to turn the heating on
IMG_0907.jpg

Look, I don't mean to be rude, but that pipe has been cut with a hacksaw. That is a cardinal sin for plastic pipework.

With this very poor level of knowledge I really do suggest you get a professional in to sort it for you.
We did had a professional who was recommended by the builder... but he is not professional at all... drained the system but didn't remove the radiator.. now is on holiday.. so we started doing the things ourselves. I more than happy to pay if I know that thing are about to be done. We got a test booked in for the pressure for next week

And I’ve said yes. Some vertical rads are completely specific as to how they’re piped and will not heat properly if not piped right​

They need to be / have the valves at the bottom

So we have anew build (if it matters) and we removed 1 radiator, and we will exchange 1 with vertical.

My questions are:

Does it matter which pipe we will connect where on the vertical radiator?- We want it to be connected on the top to avoid extending the existing pipes (they are flexible PVC. Also hubby didn't mark which one was on which side of the old radiator so currently we don't know from which pipe does the water come from the boiler)

For the radiator we removed we have caps.. so we just put them at the ends of the pipes?

Let me know if you need more info so you can help and thanks a lot!!
We get many many requests on UKPF to help all sorts of people. We really do try BUT your level of competance indicated by your comments and pictures means that you are way beyond any chance of completing this project by yourself, you will damage your home. Call in a competant Plumber and pay the going rate. Centralheatking

You really need a professional to sort this out vertical radiators can have a spreader plate inside to divert the water into the direction it needs to travel , so to answer your question yes it does matter. Kop

Reply to A little reassurance/help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock