Search the forum,

Discuss A little advice please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevieboy

I know im not going to get an exact answer here but just looking for a rough estimate.

Thing is I've been to look at a house and thinking of making an offer but it needs a lot of work and as you've guessed this includes the heating. So Im just trying to estimate how much needs spending on the house to get it sorted.

How much would it cost to get new combi boiler system, 6 radiators and a towel rail? The house has a back boiler at the min.

Cheers for any help.

Forgot to say, if you havn't already worked out Im not a plumber. Im a sparky dont worry I come in peace!

about £1200 if your fitting it yourself , if not £1800- £2000.

Do you intend to make a living out of plumbing and heating, if so you way off mark, I wouldnt even walk out the door for less than £4k do do a complete install, and if your only working for £2k, how long are you going to tkae to throw a system in to the house? your prices make no sense if your providing a decent boiler and system, parts alone could be over £1500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Totally agree with oldplumber. I want to earn enough to make being self-employed worth the while thanks. I'm more than happy to only get 1 job in 2 coming in at £4k and lose the other one to someone who wants to do it for £2k :) The job at £4k will make me as much profit as 5 jobs at £2k I would imagine.

From the heating systems we fit, when you factor in the high price of copper, rads, a DECENT high-end boiler, there's not far off £2k of parts and fittings anyway.

Last edited:
I think you're looking at a good £5,000 to £6,000 all in for the plumbing.

Based on around 3 weeks of work, £200 per radiator, £1,000 for a boiler and say £500 for pipework, materials etc and then a chunk for contingency (e.g. new hot water cylinder).

Yes, you will find people to do it for much less than this and you'll also find more expensive quotes but as a sort of estimate without seeing what's involved and to help with budgeting for buying the property, this is probably the likely price.

I'd say region would also have a bearing too; although there's a lot of competition so plenty of installer choice, if you're in central London rates are generally quite a bit higher than if you're in the sticks

I have just priced a job very similar to this, New customer, i was asked to keep it as tight as possible, I put a quote together and it was £3790, the customer rang this morning asking me when i can start!!!!!!

Al reet lads , Has no one heard of Mr Central Heating ? You can get a 105he kit 7 rads ect, £1175....
I did say if you are doing it yourself, .... and its only 2 days work for 1 good Plumber . Come on have ya not done 1 day heatings ? All the pipe work is there, only a gas run to do .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A little advice please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock