Search the forum,

Discuss 8mm microbore, twin entry radiator valves and ancient radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Friends, romans, countrymen Spartacus....

few things going on here. as per the title i have a central heating system running through 8mm microbore copper piping to old cast radiators using the completely redundant twin / dual entry radiator valves.

not ideal i know.

on the positive side the combi boiler is a Worcester Bosch greenstar 29cdi classic with Magnetic filter and the heat transfer through the 8mm pipework isn't too shabby.

so too my question. recently one of the radiators (after another tradesman broke the twin entry valve), was converted to a standard valve system at each end with a TVR. the job wasn't great but it works

so is it worth having the other existing radiators modified in the same way or would i get some real benefit heating / efficiency wise upgrading the radiators as well.

apologies for the long message but any advice very much appreciated

pictures attached for your viewing pleasure and amusement

exsisting rad with twin entry relic.jpg

modifide valve workmanship.jpg

typical radiator with modifide valve.jpg

Reply to 8mm microbore, twin entry radiator valves and ancient radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I would appreciate a little help. I am unlucky enough to have an 8mm microbore gravity fed indirect central heating system (11 Radiators) on a 30 year old free-standing floor boiler. The radiator valve/lockshield are the twin entry type (8mm). All the radiators are fine except for two: a...
Replies
Views
I have a 225cm wide, 45cm high radiator on a standard vented, 8mm microbore two-pipe, fully pumped system. I am getting rid of its old twin entry radiator valve to install a trv, so I need to decide where to position it and the lockshield. Easiest option would be TBSE (top-bottom, same end) on...
Replies
Views
Last year we had a new pressurised system put in and left our existing rads in place. Downstairs are all fairly modern rads with TRVs etc however upstairs are still the original rads from 1980 with 8mm microbore and twin valves, no TRVs. I'm looking for some advice really on where or not we...
Replies
Views
L
Hi all, Soon I plan to start replacing some radiators and they are currently all connected on an 8mm microbore system where both pipes go in the same end/valve. I'm pretty sure that these valves are hard to get now, so it makes sense to change them before one of them breaks? What would you...
Replies
Views
LeonR
L
D
I seem to have got different advice from local installers with regard to cleansing the central heating system prior to installing a boiler I have "twin entry" valves on the radiators and have been told that: * Powerflushing can be done as normal * Powerflushing is not possible with...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock