Search the forum,

Discuss 8 Year old Oil Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stuart_craigon

Does anyone know what model this boiler is and what the likely gas replacement would be? Could combi be used? 5 bed 3 showers 1 bath. 12 rad system with hot water cylinder at present.

Attachments

• 1414054305Utility.jpg
    1414054305Utility.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited by a moderator:
Well I can't tell you what the washing machine or dishwasher makes are. but the boiler on the right is a Worcester. Take the front panel off and see if there is an ID plate in there...

8 years it not that old for an oil boiler, but then again if it's a Greenstar :laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:
Combi wont do. If pressure and flow allow then unvented.

At 8 years its only a bairn.

It probably is just a young one but I'm getting shafted by the heating oil suppliers and I've got lpg for my living room fire so I want to go all lpg.

Do you have neighbours nearby on oil? It's common place these days for residents to pool their money together and purchase at the same time for a Breyer rate. There are websites available that help you do this might even be the one croppie has posted.

oil is currently the cheapest fuel to heat your home with thanks to the dip in oil prices.

Same from me, - stick with oil. It is the cheapest & actually wasn't too bad even when oil prices were higher.
Take a look at the way you use your heating if you think your are spending too much. Try not to have cold starts with your heating - in other words, turn it on & leave it on when you need heat. First hour heat up is the long burn cycle of the burner & every hour after that is a diminishing fraction of burn time. Use your wall stats properly also.
Get your boiler properly set up in a service.

Oil price for 900 litre Kerosine is £306 in this part of UK at present.
Slightly cheaper for larger quantities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 8 Year old Oil Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock