Search the forum,

Discuss 8 bar domestic water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I measured my water pressure with a new water pressure test gauge, and got a reading of 8 bar. This was measured after the stopcock, at a dishwasher machine valve. I've looked at normal water pressures in the uk, and it seems that 8 bar is unusually high. This 8 bar pressure is found in the kitchen and one bathroom, but the rest of the house has 3 bar pressure, as the cold water for the rest of the house is fed after a 3 bar PRV which is installed because of a hot water tank.

Should the pressure be reduced to a normal pressure around 4 bar, by fitting a pressure regulator after the stopcock?

I'm worried that the 8 bar pressure is too much for some taps and the shower in a bathroom, and also I'm installing a new kitchen tap, and have found it difficult to find any rated at 8 bar.
Thanks for any replies

Can you put your test dial back on and open the cold kitchen tap what pressure do you have now ?

Can you put your test dial back on and open the cold kitchen tap what pressure do you have now ?
I'm afraid the kitchen tap has been removed and the pipes capped off, as it was leaking out of the bottom, and there were no isolation valves.

I`ve seen 6bar static pressure drop to 0.6bar dynamic pressure in a house which Shaun is getting at by asking you to open the tap.

Turning two taps on in the bathroom changed the water pressure from 8bars to about 7.8 bars, so not much change at all

High but not unheard of. Area round our way with 12.5 bar standing.

Just need to be careful that taps, showers etc are rated for your water pressure. Some will only go to 5 bar, some 10 bar.

Have kitchen tap and outside tap off incoming mains then fit pressure reducing valve.

For years we had a constant 11 bar static pressure where I am up until recently. The only problems it caused was with toilet float valves overfilling, I used to replace those rubber seats every 6 months or so.

Put full bore iso vales on either side of the PRV on the incoming main and remember that the filter on the PRV will need cleaning religiously (not every sunday!) annually. You can then remove the other one.
Most tap cartridges of the single lever type are tested only to 4/5 bar so leak like a sieve when installed correctly. You will find many others either fail quickly or are difficult to use at 4 bar and above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 8 bar domestic water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock