Search the forum,

Discuss £700 for repairs to Ariston mincrogenus boiler and still not fixed... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really!? I wonder if that's true?
Depends if you believe in Santa Claus?
The wording on their site has been updated to" new water inlet controls increase flow rates by up 20%"
Maybe they got challenged over their claims? It now appears further down their marketing bullet points too

I live in SE London area.
The hot water to taps is always better. Maybe something to do with the shower valves ?
Ariston have advised to check the water volume passing through but dont know how to do that.
thanks

I live in SE London area.
The hot water to taps is always better. Maybe something to do with the shower valves ?
Ariston have advised to check the water volume passing through but dont know how to do that.
thanks
its going to be sludge in the dv causing your issue did your plumber remove this and clean it?

Paul, I'm trying to reply to your latest message but your inbox is full. Please call or text me, or send me a PM when you've deleted some messages, so I can reply! :)

**** Update to this thread ******

Got someone from this forum to do work on this boiler.
His effort and commitment can't be faulted dealing with my crap heating system and I appreciate he helped me out valiently at short notice.

Work Done:
1. diverter cleaned; water system drained for this;
2. heat sensor swapped out (sorry, forget exact name).

after this hot water stopped completely / heating was erractic (PANIC STATIONS).
Looked like pilot light sensor firing up but not staying on.

Next Day

1. electrics fully checked (passed)
2. New (2nd ) PCB fitted.
This restored heating and hot water but still have to halve cold water pressure to get hot water and then temp only goes to low 40s.

So have heating and limited hot water still.

Bill now over £1000;
Plumber has reccommended a proper service and also suggested enlarging the gas supply rate as it seems to be operating lower than optiumum.
Also maybe replace both shower valves as they could be contributuinbg to poor hot water flow.

So the saga continues and im finding nearest cliff to jump off.

**** Update to this thread ******

Got someone from this forum to do work on this boiler.
His effort and commitment can't be faulted dealing with my crap heating system and I appreciate he helped me out valiently at short notice.

Work Done:
1. diverter cleaned; water system drained for this;
2. heat sensor swapped out (sorry, forget exact name).

after this hot water stopped completely / heating was erractic (PANIC STATIONS).
Looked like pilot light sensor firing up but not staying on.

Next Day

1. electrics fully checked (passed)
2. New (2nd ) PCB fitted.
This restored heating and hot water but still have to halve cold water pressure to get hot water and then temp only goes to low 40s.

So have heating and limited hot water still.

Bill now over £1000;
Plumber has reccommended a proper service and also suggested enlarging the gas supply rate as it seems to be operating lower than optiumum.
Also maybe replace both shower valves as they could be contributuinbg to poor hot water flow.

So the saga continues and im finding nearest cliff to jump off.

Sorry but I have no sympathy....the answers are in this thread! Turn off the cold water isolation valve to the boiler will take less than 20 secs.........then open any hot tap, IF water continues to run after a short while you have a shower or mixer tap passing........if not you have elimated everything but the boiler and gas supply!

You could have got WB 25 Si combi with a magnaclean fitted with a 7 year parts and labour warranty from a Worcester accredited installer for around £1600.00 you will be there soon, as said from my 1st humble post "r.i.p. it from wall, its too late now you've spunked all the cash you never had!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £700 for repairs to Ariston mincrogenus boiler and still not fixed... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock