Search the forum,

Discuss 6m pump only going to 4m max setting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Wondering if I have a faulty pump?
On variable speed or fixed speed settings it will only go to 4m.
If I set it to max variable, 6m flashes and then goes to 4m

is it auto adjusting to a restriction ? eg getting too much back pressure so its knocking it self down ?

is it auto adjusting to a restriction ? eg getting too much back pressure so its knocking it self down ?

That was my thoughts, but on fixed speeds, at C3 max setting, it still only goes to 4m.
The system is a bit suspect of blockage and that was the reason I replaced the original pump.
I would have thought it should be 6m, regardless of any system issues.

I had no time to do anything else.
There is a bypass valve might be worth opening fully to test if pump changes

i would open it worth a test

what pump is it?

It is identical to this pump, only goes under different brand names.
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flomasta-central-heating-circulating-pump-230v/45357

Reply to 6m pump only going to 4m max setting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
A (if) CH system has a very high head loss due to improperly sized pipework and long runs and possibly partially blocked pipes and requires a UPS2 pump running at its 8M head to feed 21 rads with a theoretical output of 25kw at a 20C dT. A fairly old Vaillant 438 boiler is being replaced, the...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Hello I have a gravity fed system with a header tank in the loft, a water cylinder and a 3 way valve. The header tank in the loft is OK and has water in it. When the 3 way valve is in the mid setting the pump and pipes are quiet, and in the CH setting all is quiet. But when its in the HW...
Replies
Views
I had a new Grandfos UPS3 pump fitted today, and am trying to set it up. I want it on 2nd setting, but having problems. The green light is on setting 1 and there is a yellow light on setting 2. If I press the arrow the green light stays on 1 and I then have yellow lights on settings 2 and 3. If...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock