Search the forum,

Discuss 6189 Plumbing Portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I've done the 6035 course and I have a portfolio to fill out to complete the 6189. Unfortunately my assessor isn't much help and I'm not entirely sure what I need photos of etc.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out by explaining a little bit of what I need to do exactly with this portfolio or give me some examples as to what is acceptable.

Thanks

Hi,

I've done the 6035 course and I have a portfolio to fill out to complete the 6189. Unfortunately my assessor isn't much help and I'm not entirely sure what I need photos of etc.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out by explaining a little bit of what I need to do exactly with this portfolio or give me some examples as to what is acceptable.

Thanks
What portfolio paper work have you been given Mark 91?
What type of plumbing work are you doing ?
You normally have to pick two out of Hot, Cold, Heating or Sanitation.

Is your Training Provider (College/Training Centre)
using the old ‘paper based’ log book, or an E portfolio such as Smart Assessor Mark?
Reason being, if you’re unsure on whether a particular piece of evidence is relevant, upload it anyway and your assessor will view and advise you accordingly.
Obviously, you will need to complete the H&S elements. Then it will depend on which systems you
have chosen.

Hi Again Mark 91,
If you have not chosen your systems. You current work will dictate this.
i.e. If you are mostly installing heating. Choose a couple of Combi Installs (Htg/H.Wtr and C. Wtr)
Alternatively, if mostly installing bathrooms. Two bathrooms will do (H.Wtr, C.Wtr and San) Although
you will need to the install Soil Stacks.
Then your maintenance. If you’re willing to show some enthusiasm and commitment it should all come together in no time at all.
Good Luck.

What portfolio paper work have you been given Mark 91?
What type of plumbing work are you doing ?
You normally have to pick two out of Hot, Cold, Heating or Sanitation.
In the portfolio it says to pick 3 out of hot, cold, heating, sanitation and rainwater.
I'm not sure how I can get heating because we are not installing any rads on site it's all underfloor heating.
In terms of hot & cold, what do they want to see exactly? Just connecting the hot & cold feed to the outlet? The portfolio doesn't explain anything because hot & cold could mean anything really lol.

Hi Again Mark 91,
If you have not chosen your systems. You current work will dictate this.
i.e. If you are mostly installing heating. Choose a couple of Combi Installs (Htg/H.Wtr and C. Wtr)
Alternatively, if mostly installing bathrooms. Two bathrooms will do (H.Wtr, C.Wtr and San) Although
you will need to the install Soil Stacks.
Then your maintenance. If you’re willing to show some enthusiasm and commitment it should all come together in no time at all.
Good Luck.
Hi, this helps quite a lot. Would it be okay if I sent you a PM on here? Thanks.

Yes sure. But to answer your question on the open forum.
H & C Water: A good first and second fix for a new bathroom should suffice. Especially if you are working on a ‘new build’ development (or large property with two or more bathrooms)where both first and second fixes can be seen on each visit.
Usually, two well planned visits are sufficient.

Whilst working on my level 2 diploma last week I chatted with an nvq assessor about this same topic, he sent a list, as I have with my course you have to ask lots of questions and get on their case, otherwise you won't get answers and they won't go out of their way to give yiu the answers.

Hi guys I also need to fill out portfolio I have the paper based one, I chose hot, cold and heating but I’m confused where it says I must do this at two different addresses does that mean I need pictures for both addresses or just one set of pictures for the portfolio.

Reply to 6189 Plumbing Portfolio in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock