Search the forum,

Discuss 6129 help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steph

hello,i have just started the 6129 plumbing course and was wondering if there was an online mock assesment out there. i have tried to look but i am not getting anywhere fast and would be gratefull for any help or advice.thanks.

I too tried finding something like that too, but with no Joy.
At the end i went on learnatrade.co.uk and bought a revision CD from there for £15.95 inc,p&p.
I have been told by most plumbing students on my course this will really help in your exams.
mani

Last edited by a moderator:
you should if you are doing this through a registered college access smartscreen on the C&G website for free

thanks tc, but i have been all over that site and cant get anything

I was always asking for mock papers too, with no luck. It turned out the years of study was enough to help get the exams passed. good luck

the course is easy mate. just done mine,and as long as u dont mind a bit of revision you will fly through

thanks plumbersmate,im just finding it hard to understand what all the different bodies,agencies,organisations ect do theres that many and this is just the induction module

When I did my 6129, I remember going for the first practical and booking first test etc, and I was anxious, but you'll soon relax and get into the swing of things and get to know what they're expecting of you and how you need to be thinking. To be honest the course is quite easy if you're prepared to put the time in and be committed to it. The real work starts when you pass and have to move on from there, you learn way more in the real world, but you do need the underpinning knowledge before you start in the real world. I've been out on my own now for nearly 18 months since I passed my 6129 and I can honestly say I love my job and am out 7 days a week whatever time., day/night and am so busy at the moment.If you want to progress after course I think you need to bend over backwards to help customers out. Be helpful, polite and respectful and turn up when you say your going to and clean up after your job, it will go a long way. Try to get on with manufacturers courses to get a better insight into things, last week I did a Valliant course on ground/air source heat systems and solar.
Good Luck and you will make of it what you want to with the correct attitude and dedication.

thats great advice helpsy thanks,i hope i can give someone the same advice one day

hi mate i did the 6128 after i was ripped off as i was meant to do the 6129 (long story) and yeah the course has given me some good knowlege and lots of good refrence books, all i did to help my studdy is highlight any key words/phrases/abreviations etc and when i compleated each module i re-read the highlighted parts before i did the end of module test. Another thing i suggest is to do the test in pencil, submit the test and when you get your results and any questions you get wrong make sure you highlight the correct answers in your book afterwards. keep at it mate - its tedious and loads of reading but in my eyes it provides good knowlege.

i had no preferance at the time and i was told the 6128 was being discontinued

If you see/hear antihing gimme a shhhhh, would be muchmuch apreciated mate..

I used a downloaded muliple choice practice test. I'm pretty sure it was from Learnatrade.co.uk, it was excellent and in every test there were 4 or 5 questions that had beed in the practice tests. Highly recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 6129 help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am currently a private hire driver undergoing an NVQ level 2 in plumbing the course then goes on to a level 3. I am looking to get into a job with someone who can be quite flexible over the next 6 months or so. My wife is due to go on maternity leave in 2 weeks until November so I...
Replies
Views
Okay, so this is part of a wider efforts to balance the books for the forums. We're trialing it out. But it comes with some good benefits as well as a few ads. So read the whole thread please before judging and replying. :) New Ads for logged-in users unless you have any one of the below:- You...
Replies
Views
M
Hello all I wondered if could get some advice or assistance. Ive been working for an airline at Heathrow since school after 18 years. Now it appears im soon to be made redundant. Ive always wanted to get into the plumbing field, my fathers a chippie and family all have trades. The problem i...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Emailed a company very local to me regarding their course and fast track and end off qualifications etc. For those interested in opinions, here's the good lady's reply. Hi Paul, Paul has forward me your email to take a look at. Sorry for the wall of text below, but I have tried to summarise...
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock