Search the forum,

Discuss 38mm antislip ring pvc compression fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am replacing the seals on washers on my sink waste trap. Can the 38mm anti slip ring/washer be bought alone as there is nothing wrong with the actual fittings. I can find the rubber seals and I can see 38mm trap washers at Toolstation. Are these right or can red/blue ones be bought?

And why are they red/blue? Do you get hot/cold wastes?

Thanks

Most traps can have the seals replaced plumbing and heating merchants stock replacements the colour of the plastic type ring is not relative different manufacturers use a mix of materials , cheers kop

Thank you for your reply. I figured to colour was unimportant, just thought as they are supplied coloured that coloured replacements would be easy to find. It seems not. As a DIYer I stick to ScrewFix and ToolStation.

Blue for 1 1/4 Red for 1 1/2 applies to MacAlpine fittings ...regards Turnpin:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 38mm antislip ring pvc compression fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm in the process of fitting my freestanding bath. The supplied waste chrome pipe that runs into the floor is an unusual diameter - 38mm (European?). The bath came with a PVC multi-fit coupler to connect this chrome pipe to standard plastic waste pipe but its to long once I get under...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
I have seen people speaking of this and others not understanding. I have a leak in my pipe coming from the main. Attaching a new 1/2" coupling to the 1/2" pipe (blue pipe) is a problem as the coupling is larger than the pipe although both are 1/2". Most people do not realize that there are...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock