Search the forum,

Discuss 3 week gas safe course? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kevin Powell

Hi all, Im not up to date with all the training courses available. But i ws looking into becoming gas safe and wanted I thought that i needed to be mentored for a while ect. And with the pop up of train 4 trade ect that do pointless qualifications i was dubious about this new place i saw while researching gas safe.

Become qualified in 3 weeks for gas safe.

The first link https://www.ableskills.co.uk/gas-engineer-qualifications/ says for £2,795 for a 3 week course
Or this link https://www.ableskills.co.uk/gas-training-courses/gas-training-course/ for £995

The first link says they can put you on a placement. I assume the second link is if you can already find a placement.

Is this similar to the other train 2 trade places? or is this a legitimate one?

Save your money.

With all the best will in the world you'll not be qualified.

Look ay your local college for training information.

It's not 3weeks to be "qualified"

It's 3 weeks initials training
Minimum 6 weeks on site portfolio
1 Week ACS core safety
Then appropriate time on each ACS category.

I make that a minimum of 3 months.

THEN the learning starts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 week gas safe course? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Hi, need your honest views if you would be so kind. I’m 48 and work for the NHS (office based) and earn 44k a year. Ive been do fustrated and fed up in my work for so long that I’ve enrolled to do my gas safe and become an engineer. I know it’s hard work but I’m really excited and I’d love to...
Replies
Views
I have a Level 3 Diploma in Gas Engineering - Pathway D (Gas Safe Course), which is a City & Guilds qualification. I work full time and would like to volunteer for free with a gas engineer during the weekends in London ?? Please pm me
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical marine engineering and realistically i have no issues tracing systems and working out whats what. the dream is to leave the forces and become self...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock