Search the forum,

Discuss 24+ advanced learning loans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davecsc

Hi All,

Not sure if there has been any posts on here in regards to the 24+ advanced learning loans, below is some basic information on the loans and the benefits etc. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to message me.

The government is making loans available to anyone 24+ to study level 3 qualifications and hopefully these loans will allow those that cannot afford to pay for training upfront to complete a training course without succumbing to the rip-off merchants charging a fortune for courses with high APR and no get out clause. Some of the benefits are below.

The benefits of these loans are:

· They are not means tested.
· They do not show on your credit file.
· You do not have to pay them back until you earn over £21,000 per year. If you earn £22,000 a year you repay £7 per month, earn £25,000 repay £30 a month.
· Repayments don’t start until the April after you have completed your courses, but first repayments will not start until April 2016.
· If you wish to cancel your course at anytime you can and you only have to repay the payments up to the date you cancelled. (this will ensure that you are given an excellent service and course content because you can just cancel, no questions asked).

The loans are available to people aged 24 and older and are for approved Level 3 courses. We will be offering 24+ advanced learning loans for accredited full level 3 courses in:

Plastering
Plumbing and Heating
Wall and Floor Tiling
Electrical installations
PTLLS
TAQA

The course will be delivered at our centre and also as part of a blended learning course that will include home study and attendance at our centre. We will have options to suit all.

Availability will be limited so please email [email protected] to be added to our mailing list for further information on these loans. Applications cannot start until April 1[SUP]st[/SUP] with courses starting from August 1[SUP]st[/SUP].

Regards,
Dave
www.tradeteacher.co.uk
Construction Skills College

Any friends got any comments on this?

i looked at this website but can't make head nor tail as to what level 3 diploma you'd get, it seems to be a 30 day course with 10 plumb, 10 plaster and tiling.

any thoughts chaps?

Hi,

The course we will be offering has not been finalised yet and is not currently on our website. It will be a full level 3 qualification though.

Dave

I've emailed your company twice enquiring about gas courses, and have heard nothing back. You must be very busy down there!

Apologies for the lack of response, it is totally my fault. Donna our office manager has forwarded all enquiries relating to 24+ advanced learning loans and Gas courses to me. Can I ask for you to resend your enquiry to [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected] (all emails will work but it is it nice to have personal email address to contact people with).

I have recruited a consultant who is a current IV and EV for gas training and assessments to assist with setting up our Gas courses. The planned start dates for courses in July 2013. I have a meeting with the awarding body this month and the consultant at the beginning of April and will be able to update afterwards with actual qualifications achieved and costs etc.

We are also waiting for confirmation for our new level 3 quals that will be offered via 24+ advanced learning loans. The courses will be offered as full time intensive training over several weeks and also blended learning with purpose built e-learning programmes. The plan is to have everything updated on the website for the start of April as this is when you can start applying for loans.

Apologies again for the lack of response. If you forward your contact details within your emails I will call you back to discuss further.

Many Thanks,
Dave
Director
Construction Skills College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 24+ advanced learning loans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I really hope you can help me. I'm 26 now and live in London, I've been doing a bit of career hopping since leaving school at 16 in 2011. The first thing I done after secondary school was gain my Domestic Plumbing and Heating City and Guilds Level 2 and then 3 at college. However...
Replies
Views
Hello to all, Thanks in advance to any help or comments you can offer me. I’m a 29 year old lad who has been working in a small firm, mainly doing groundworks / extensions / full refurbishments. I have no previous trade qualifications. I have recently been looking to get involved in studying...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov) I had noticed the water wasn't getting hot nor the heating. We had someone come have a look the next day thinking it was something simple like the...
Replies
Views
We have a boiler that greets the day by howling like a dog! At 4.30 am it starts with a low moan that builds quickly to a reverberating howl that fills the entire house. This goes on for fifteen to twenty minutes with varying levels and pitch with harmonics and groans until it has reached it's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock