Search the forum,

Discuss 2251 vs 6035 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to start a career in plumbing and these are the two courses on offer at my local college but which one should I go for? The 2251 is an NVQ Level 1 and the 6035 is a Level 2 Diploma, which would benefit me more going forward?

I don't want to dishearten you but if you want to become a plumber the only way in my opinion is to work alongside a plumber while training be that as a standard apprentice or just as time served never been to collage the best plumber I work alongside has no formal qualification but he spent 5 years before his boss even entertained letting him do the most basic work on his own plot/job, he was taught the old fashion ways of things even down to hemp on rad tails, in plumbing a lot of bad situations are got in due to lack of experience so a lot of "qualified" plumbers who are coming out of fast track heaven havnt a clue don't get me wrong this isn't every one I am sure some fast track plumbers who love the trade make a good go of it and thrive up on it but theyusuall have other plumbers whos knowledge they can draw upon

I agree with you however it isn't that simple, most people won't take you on without any qualifications or knowledge so doing a course is almost a necessity. I'm not looking to become a self employed plumber either so I'll need the NVQ at some stage to gain employment. That might have worked for your friend but I haven't got five years to waste labouring for somebody (I'm not a teenager) These courses (the 2251 and 6035) will take me a year a piece, obviously I'm not going to do them both so I wanted to find out which one I should go for? I'm hoping to gain a NVQ Level 2 in 18 months, is that realistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2251 vs 6035 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am Aiden longster and I am looking for some plumbing work. I have just completed my level 2 diploma and either looking for a level 3 apprenticeship or some work
Replies
Views
E
Hello All, I`m currently on my level two plumbing course at college and I`m looking for some part time work if anyone could offer me some advice. I`ve been trying to get on an apprenticeship but I`ve had no joy so far, so I`m hoping to gain some experience by working alongside an experienced...
Replies
Views
Ellis J
E
Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. I have experience working in general property maintenance for a family business. I have completed a Level 2 technical...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock