Search the forum,

Discuss 2 Weeks of MCS Accreditation Talk - Gaining MCS & Maintaining MCS - Expires March 1st in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2 Weeks of MCS Accreditation Talk - Gaining MCS & Maintaining MCS - Expires March

Hi, I was wondering if someone could advise me on what changes I should make to our quality plan, I am currently mcs accredited for PV but planning to add Solar Thermal as a second technology. I have passed the necessary bpec exams so just the quality manual to adjust before we carry out our first install.

Any help or advice is most welcome! Thanks in advance, Matt

Matt

Your basic QMS will not need much alteration, think about what are you going to do differently for Thermal. Your basic procedures will be the same. You will need to add in information regarding for instance a Solar Thermal Commissioning Checklist etc. Your quotation will need to be REAL compliant for Thermal rather than PV. For instance, with PV, MCS requires that you inform the client at an early stage that metering will be required in order to access financial incentives, with Thermal you should be informing the customer that feedback may be required from them and that DECC may require a meter to be fitted for research purposes.

You will probably be handling and recieving goods etc as before so your add ons are likely to be on the forms side and listing your new essential documents on your master document list. It shouldn't be anywhere near as big a task as your first QMS.

If you do feel as though you want it done for you, we offer an ongoing support service for £395 per year, this would look after your PV side and if you decide to go on this I will arrange to sort out your Solar Thermal free of charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 Weeks of MCS Accreditation Talk - Gaining MCS & Maintaining MCS - Expires March 1st in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock