Search the forum,

Discuss 2 tools that i would like in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

1. A water meter pump like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/King-Innovation-48072-Siphon-Pumps/dp/B00J5MWC8C
I cant find it in uk, dont ever buy anything from abroad as takes forever and then get customs letter a few weeks later with massive fee

2. Gas meter spanner

Why is it that Thames water and gas board turn up with all these tools that we cant even buy?

That water pump requires hoses to work, which usually get damaged in my van. the one the water board have doesnt require a hose but works better with it!

I am looking for spanners rather then pump pliers, already have pump pliers and find they damage the nuts and occasionally the nuts are too tight and wont come off! I want a dedicated spanner for the gas meter nuts that I can leave at meter when doing gas work rather then pump pliers that will be used inside the house and when I finish the gas work, I go to meter to realise pump pliers are still on the 3rd floor! :(

That water pump requires hoses to work, which usually get damaged in my van. the one the water board have doesnt require a hose but works better with it!

I am looking for spanners rather then pump pliers, already have pump pliers and find they damage the nuts and occasionally the nuts are too tight and wont come off! I want a dedicated spanner for the gas meter nuts that I can leave at meter when doing gas work rather then pump pliers that will be used inside the house and when I finish the gas work, I go to meter to realise pump pliers are still on the 3rd floor! :(

and twice the length its 24" long

Lumeter J2651 Syphon Pump 5 - 20L - Machine Mart - Machine Mart

how do they damage the nuts??? the spanner in your link i find are too short so sometimes you cant get the nuts undone

There have different sizes, where do water board get them from?

They scratch the edges, do you have one of the spanners?

dont have a clue prob china made to order

and sounds like your using grips not the ones in my link as there designed for chrome items

nope normally just a sump pump eg 110v

nope normally just a sump pump eg 110v
I got one of those for a water leak on mains for a job and it was so slow and kept getting blocked, was not impressed. I usually use wet vac but it is 240v so a bit of a pain, or good old fashioned, stick your hand in the freezing water but want something easy to grab from van that is fast to suck water out

Reply to 2 tools that i would like in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock