Search the forum,

Discuss 1st gas safe inspection.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
just had my probation gas safe inspection....was crapping myself about this for some reason!! i have to say though what a nice fella the guy was....don't know why i was expecting some power hungary dude who just wants to make your life a misery.
first thing he said to me was that "he wasn't there to catch me out,only to point me in the right direction IF he needed to,and offer me his experience" this put me at rest right away and everything went smoothly.
It's nice to know the inspectors are like this......i have no doubt in my mind that he'd throw the book at someone if he needed to.....and he took me off my probation....wehey!!!:D

Pleased it all went well moogwai and congradulations about being taken of probation.go get em !! :p:)

Good man well done...

BTW what did you have to do or show him... how long was the meeting?

Regards
Firkin

Good man well done...

BTW what did you have to do or show him... how long was the meeting?

Regards
Firkin
cheers pal....the meeting lasted around 2 hrs, basically just comissioned a boiler i installed,but did it maticuously...did everything with out fail...and whilst doing it explaining what i was doing and why....starting with a visual inspection of pipework and meter installation. then onto let by,soundness,standing and working pressures,what to do if standing and working were to high/low. then onto gas rates. dont forget to ldf all test points and wipe down(including unions on gas valve and regulator).
then moved onto boiler for standing and working pressure again discuss what to do if too low. ldf test point and clean...making susre you turn off gas to appliance before connection to test point. tested safety device...discussed.
then did flue gas and discussed what the results were and what to do if not inline with mi's.
water flow test with weir gauge,wether appliance was earthed. then he checked i was filling out necessary paperwork correctly and that was that.
we had a chat about stuff for 20mins and supposed to take him to a cooker installtion i did but tenant could back home for another hour,but he said that he was very happy with what i had showed him and told me to keep it up and he was off.
its all about taking your time and paying attention to detail.

I have got my probationary inspection next Thursday.. trying to put my mind at rest that it will all go well.

I have got my probationary inspection next Thursday.. trying to put my mind at rest that it will all go well.

they aint there to catch you out mate....just take yer time and make sure you do everything you are supposed to do.....and talk to him, ask him questions and stuff, it'll make it easier and not like being in an assessment.

I was the same but needn't have worried as it all went smoothly , gave straight answers and if I didn't know something just said sorry I don't know that off the top off my head. Try not to over think it and you will be fine.

Well done mate.
I remember my first inspection. Must have gone well as the second was 8 years later.

they aint there to catch you out mate....just take yer time and make sure you do everything you are supposed to do.....and talk to him, ask him questions and stuff, it'll make it easier and not like being in an assessment.

I passed my inspection yesterday! The inspector was a really good gentleman, very thorough and asked me every possible question there was! The whole thing lasted 3 and a half hours! The feeling is awesome!

Just as a matter of interest, Im doing my ACS week on May 11th, how long is it before they carry out an inspection? Can you register with gas safe, and do gas work, before the inspection?

Oh yes they'll take your 400 quid at the earliest oportunity and allow you to work on gas.

got mine coming up not looking forward to it but i am sure ill be fine ill get my head in my books prepared for it :)

I got through the ACS ok, now I just have to wait for the certificate before i can apply to Gas Safe. Then Ill have to wait until they decide to come and have look I suppose :)

Rob take them to that crazy woman who was convinced my dust sheets made her carpet dirty, theyll love her lol well done on the ACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 1st gas safe inspection.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock