Search the forum,

Discuss 15mm & 22mm copper pipe prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

princegoose

Hi, anyone care to share the price theyre paying for copper pipe?

Bandq, with a trade card are as cheap as anyone for 30m bundles. Black label copper too, not the imported stuff

Bandq, with a trade card are as cheap as anyone for 30m bundles. Black label copper too, not the imported stuff

curious,
convince me that bnq are worth buying from, how much a pack of 30m x 15mm tamz?

i have bought from b+q b4 cant remember the £ but it was cheap compared to pts

The prices for full bundles are about on par with BES and always cheaper than screwfix.
If you have a warehouse near you have a look. It will surprise you. Get a tradepoint card and you will get another 5% or something off. From time to time i go in and clean them out.
There is also the advantage of some dafty working on the checkouts charging you for 3m instead of 30m not that its ever happened to me;)

Old thread bumped here what are you currently paying for a 30m bundle of 15 & 22

I have just received an invoice for £69 + vat for 30m x 15mm

Been buying mine from BES for a while now. It is around £60/ 30m bundle of 15mm and £115 / bundle of 22mm.
Merchants are too hit or miss and if they are selling any cheap it is always the imported stuff. I buy 3 or more hundred m at a time and very rarely get a better price off them.

my local band q are asking around 75 quid a bundle my local merchant offers 73.67 inc vat and its kitemarked

B&Q 22mm x 3m £19.99!!!!

You need to buy full bundles to get a decent price there (or anywhere). Don't waste your money buying single lengths. Buy it by the bundle. It is not as if you won't use it.

Always ask the price if buying it from the merchants. I paid £3.58/m (£107.40 a bundle) for 22mm from William Wilson at Newcraighall yesterday for Lawton pipe (british0. First price quoted was something like £5.15. I said "are you aff yer heed", forget it i'll go over to BandQ (200 yards away) and get it cheaper. He went in for a word with someone in the office and the price was dropped so i bought 6 bundles. Best price i've had for a while anywhere.

I normally only use 6m lengths is it just over here as seems most on here use 3m lengths

Hard to buy 6m lengths over here. Needs to be special order although pipe centre and bss stock it but their prices are not good.
I actually prefer it as there is less waste but it is hard to get.

On a side note
I have a scar across the back of my thumb from my first 10 minutes of my first day at work.
1st job i was given was cut the 6m bundles in half to load onto the HE vans, so i split the bundles to cut one lenght at a time. A guy came out (who turned out was to be my tradesman for the first year) and said " you'll be there all day doing that cut the full bundle at once".
Now a full 6m bundle is heavy especially to a skinny 10st 15 year old who had no idea how to hold it.
1st scar of many :lol:

Hard to buy 6m lengths over here. Needs to be special order although pipe centre and bss stock it but their prices are not good.
I actually prefer it as there is less waste but it is hard to get.

On a side note
I have a scar across the back of my thumb from my first 10 minutes of my first day at work.
1st job i was given was cut the 6m bundles in half to load onto the HE vans, so i split the bundles to cut one lenght at a time. A guy came out (who turned out was to be my tradesman for the first year) and said " you'll be there all day doing that cut the full bundle at once".
Now a full 6m bundle is heavy especially to a skinny 10st 15 year old who had no idea how to hold it.
1st scar of many :lol:

Where I am tamz all 6meter bundles you can get 3m but most peaple go for the 6m as you say less waste and more bending less fittings

I looked at an old flier on sunday whilst having a clear out it was dated 2001
15mm x 30m 19.99
22mm x 30m 42.99

It really makes you wonder why scrap is so hi in value

When i first started on my own in 1995 i was a bit obsessed withj the price of copper. It was 42p/m for half inch and 79./m for 3/4 and i played them all against each other for the best price. I still do but the best i can get is £3.59/m for 3/4".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 15mm & 22mm copper pipe prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a large three storey cold Victoria house and I'm having an extension being built which adds a large amount of additional volume to heat. The new space will be UFH and the existing heating system zoned to upstairs and downstairs. The entire heating system is a single zone in 22mm...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am currently a private hire driver undergoing an NVQ level 2 in plumbing the course then goes on to a level 3. I am looking to get into a job with someone who can be quite flexible over the next 6 months or so. My wife is due to go on maternity leave in 2 weeks until November so I...
Replies
Views
Ok here goes. I'm starting to wind my business down after previous posts. I've got a LOT of stock that I'm looking to sell. Couldn't quite believe it when I counted it all up the last few days, but the TRADE price of all of it is around £9,800 +VAT.. I need to start selling it off, so I've...
Replies
Views
Hi. Apologies if this seems like an essay. The short question is where do you lot work from? Do you have largish houses, or do you work from a unit somewhere, or do you live in and work from old two up and two downs? The longer read: After some thinking during a few days camping in the...
Replies
Views
R
Here's the problem. The local plumbers merchants I have had 90% of my leads from has packed it in and retired after 30 years. Over the last 10 years this is where most of my profitable jobs have come from and we had a great mutual trading relationship. No local advertising works for us. Who...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock