Search the forum,

Discuss 15/22mm Benders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bustagut

Hi guys!
I doing my training at the mo and am compiling a list of tools for my kit and would like to know if anyone has advice on the best 15/22mm pipe benders to get hold of/prices.
Ive heard the Irwin Record and Hilmor are decent bits of kit but would like to know if anyone has any others in mind?

Thanks!!

Ant :confused:

very rare you will use the benders, i do alot of bathrooms and wetrooms and there is no room to work with the benders unless you do the bending in another room or outside but i do make pass overs in my garage then chop them of and solder them on site

I install heating systems and use Hilmor tube benders EVERY day, good bit of kit, currently around the £60 mark

Keith.:cool:

I make up 90 45 deg bends and crossovers in 15 & 22mm and leave in box until needed, join as required, saves time on the job if there's not much spacce.

John

The good thing about the Hilmor bender, compared with others, is that it has a deeper 'throat' between the roller and the former (quadrant), so you can extract the bent tube much easier!

Just an observation!

hilmore i find are the better benders on the market and easyer to use for some reason
bought mine for £50 of good ole trusty ebay

i love my hilmor, floor standing benders, always a nice curve, very rare to get a ripple like ive seen so often with the rothenburgers.

missus complains a bit tho, when i send her to lag one of my plantrooms full of 35mm bends!

saves a foretune on fittings, but missus labour costs are on the rise so maybe i shall use an elbow or two on the next one!

shaun

I have used Hilmour, Record and Rothenberg but did not find much difference really.

I have got a set of Hilmour and Rothenberg that where on special offer in the Plumb Centre some years ago.

What seemed good about them was that they bent 22, 15 and 12mm.

Err Lost the 12mm guide and can't find one now!

Mind you what do I want one for anyway, I'm retired now! :)

Hi
I about 5 months ago I bought I Sealey or a Stanley 15mm pipe bender. It’s small enough to go into you tool box. Thought is would be rubbish but gave it a go, now it never leaves my toolbox. I use it all the time, because it’s so small. I would recommend one.

just adding to what everyones already said, hilmor are a very reliable and good quality set, I do find I will try to leave them outside in van until needed if space is tight but still you will need them on a regular basis

I had a cheap unbranded bender and although it bent 15mm okay, it was near impossible to bend the 22mm it just took silly ammount of effort but thats what happens when you buy gear on the cheap you normaly have to buy it again.

I got a Irwin Hilmore bender from [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bes.co.uk%2F"]B.E.S Ltd, Plumbing and Gas supplies[/DLMURL]

Part number 7762 for 48 quid VAT included. Works like a dream on both 15mm and 22mm and its highly recomended, they can save you money in fittings and I use mine all the time in alsort of scenarios. Good bit of kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Record benders are the most reliable, only problem they have been bought out by Monumount and they not as good.

If you see a second hand pair of Record Benders BUY THEM...!

Had a lot of problems with Hilmor marking pipe, bad formers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 15/22mm Benders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I can see plumbing becoming part of my DIY 'diet' in the next few years, so I've been looking at garnering a few tools together - one of which is a pipe bender. One for 15 and 22mm will do just fine. The options seem to be: A brand-new Hilmor or Record 'professional' type, A second-hand...
Replies
Views
J
Hi fellow plumbers. I have been trying to find this very unusual pipe bender. It's one my old boss used to have. I have looked for years on eBay and stuff like that on the off chance one would pop up. So far no such luck. It only bends 15mm, it has two parts to it. One part with a fixed bent...
Replies
Views
Mike Jackson
M
S
Well folks, Christmas time has been and gone, and I've decided to treat myself to some new kit - too big for action men so I get all excited these days drooling over the tool catalogues. Anyway, I do need some new copper benders, my old hilmores have seen better days, and suddenly, this new...
Replies
Views
M
Hello All, First Time Poster on this forum and would appreciate some advice on a new S Plan Plus System Im looking to have installed next week. Im an engineer by profession, however not a heating engineer or plumber, but have picked up a few things here and there and from reading textbooks...
Replies
Views
happyflyer
H
E
Hi all Purchased Hilmor GLM pipe bender a few months ago and used it a few times, just lately I have noticed that when I use machine to bend 15mm copper tube, the tube comes out slightly squashed and mis-shapen with distinctive ridges around edge and the back of the 15mm roller is rubbing...
Replies
Views
Bernie2
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock