Search the forum,

Discuss 105e baxi combi prob? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha man

Gas Engineer
Guys,
could do with a little advice please, have just been to a Baxi 105e combi, nothing working and with the 30 and 50 neons flashing on off together, according to the neons
It's, failed to light, or condense blocked and fan or flue fault,

The condense trap nor pipe arent blocked, and flue and air switch and flue venturis are ok,, but no power at the fan, so with my limited knowledge on anything else except Alpha, so I presume the PCB is down,

So before I commit on buying a PCB, am I heading in the right direction?

Cheers

Is there two wires going to the trap ?

Yep, an earth and a white

I would check if I have continuity between this two connections if you do dry the condy trap with a hair dryer

Is there any way of linking it out?

Don't want to link it out as that will cut the boiler out just remove one of the leads and tape it up

Is there any way of linking it out?
Pull the earth off the trap and if it lights do what Shauncorbs said. But I would not personally leave the lead disconnected. One of the lads did that when I was on the books at a form and the heat ex melted.:(:eek::eek:

Pull the earth off the trap and if it lights do what Shauncorbs said. But I would not personally leave the lead disconnected. One of the lads did that when I was on the books at a form and the heat ex melted.:(:eek::eek:

:eek: How would that melt the hex sounds like it's run dry

Don't want to link it out as that will cut the boiler out just remove one of the leads and tape it up
We had a heat
:eek: How would that melt the hex sounds like it's run dry
no idea and I thought that. But some how it did? But then again I wasn’t there so could be Bull s**t. But I have never left the cable disconnected after that story:p:p

Yep, it was the PCB!, anybody want a new condy trap??

Evening mate. Did you pull the lead off the trap before you put the new one in to see if it came on and stayed on? Or did you glfit the trap first? Only asking as you could take the trap back

Evening mate. Did you pull the lead off the trap before you put the new one in to see if it came on and stayed on? Or did you glfit the trap first? Only asking as you could take the trap back
Yep, pulled one lead off, and still didn't work, but no continuity across the condy trap, hence why I bought a new one to try, but turned out to be the PCB.

It's no bother, ill work it in to another customer who's another one of these boilers!!

Yep, pulled one lead off, and still didn't work, but no continuity across the condy trap, hence why I bought a new one to try, but turned out to be the PCB.

It's no bother, ill work it in to another customer who's another one of these boilers!!
you very rarely need the condy trap you just need the clean the contacts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 105e baxi combi prob? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock