Discuss Trickling hot water bath tap. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

You’ll see when you get the bath panel off, I have a 900 long flexi for this type of testing - I’m sure you can easily get something to do it.

60C4441A-48C3-46B4-9C46-14127AEACB3B.jpeg
0A222C7B-AF2C-41D0-BF73-ACB10482FFA9.jpeg
This is what the underneath of the bath looks like

Pushfit everything - what is wrong with these people, call themselves tradesmen....
Isolate both the hot and the cold valves.
The pipe entering the bottom of the tmv is the hot, connect this to the copper pipe going to the hot tap.
Disconnect one of the two elbows on the cold and cap off the pipe (I expect that tap mixes in the body and has no non-return valves).
Turn on the hot isolating valve BUT LEAVE the COLD OFF.
Test the hot tap.
If better flow, replace the TMV , whilst you are about it I would replace the two isolating valves with full bore valves.

Pushfit everything - what is wrong with these people, call themselves tradesmen..
The pipe entering the bottom of the tmv is the hot, connect this to the copper pipe going to the hot tap.
Disconnect one of the two elbows on the cold and cap off the pipe (I expect that tap mixes in the body and has no non-return valves).
Test the hot tap.
If better flow, replace the TMV , whilst you are about it I would replace the two isolating valves with full bore valves.
New builds are covered in the stuff nowadays mate

I hate it when you turn up to a job and there’s some pushfit you’re not familiar with and it needs a “special tool” to undo. But I suppose it can be quicker and that’s probably what they’re after.

I hate it when you turn up to a job and there’s some pushfit you’re not familiar with and it needs a “special tool” to undo. But I suppose it can be quicker and that’s probably what they’re after.

its called a hammer and grips :D

Pushfit everything - what is wrong with these people, call themselves tradesmen..
Test the hot tap.
Thanks Ben I’ll give this a try tomorrow morning I’ve being away recently so I have not being able to check the forum.. is there any bits I’ll need to buy before I try and connect the copper pipe to the one going into the TMV? To make sure the I get it to fit? Elbows or something like that? Also best way to get push fits off?

Reply to Trickling hot water bath tap. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back