Search the forum,

Discuss €100,000 heating system! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

100,000 euro!!! Obviously I need help.

I have a project over in France that needs a heating system and I have three prices for the job all around the 100,000 mark. This is both crazy and unaffordable . I am a general builder , capable of high quality work but lacking design knowledge on such a large system. I'm confident I can complete the job under 60,000 but To make a start I need some heating system design advice. I have outlined the concept of the plan I have decided upon below.
I want to run the pipes around the house now and then I can get on with renovating the internal walls and floors. To do this I need to know if my idea below is feasible . I can work on the detail later.

90Kwh biomass boiler
24 cast iron radiators
Boiler in outbuilding 15 meters from house. Underground lagged pipes utilised.
All pumps and water tanks situated in boiler room
Zoning on each floor is not an option. The zoning is more grouping of rads into 3 groups that feed over different floors .The biggest group feeds 12 rads.
Pipe lengths are long. The distance from the manifold to the furthest rad within the group of 12 is 40 meters including a rise of 8 meters. The overall pipe run for this group is around 60 meters to the manifold. I have sized the PEX multi core pipe and manifold acordingly , the main tube being 40 mm , and branches being 16mm, 20 mm, and 25mm.

I envisage twin grunfoss pumps being fitted into the main 40mm flow line and the return in the boiler room that then gives me the necessary flow rates to and from the manifolds.

This obviously requires complicated calcs which are beond me at the moment. But, in theory do the readers of this note think that I am on the right lines with me design.

Thanks for your time, Creance.

Don't do it!
If all the quotes are coming in at around that price, they are right! The contractor will not be doing the job, making normal profit and then making 40.000 on top.

You will massively underestimate the materials and labour content of the job. I'm currently doing two largish private houses. One is over the £100,000 cost for the install and one is around £70,000 the second one is a refurb and right now I am about 3 weeks over my labour allowance in the price! I've been doing this for 36 years and can get caught out. Luckily, I have got some extras that will cover my costs.
Looking at your spec, I would have thought material cost for a property that size and spec would be around the £50,000 mark ( not euros!) so don't be suppressed when you go wrk lover your budget and the system is t performing as expected.

You have some knowledge but not enough to design and specify works of this type. You will have to pay the price or pay it the other side of the coin

100,000k is well in the ball park, confirmed I'd say by several quotes in the same area.

This obviously requires complicated calcs which are beond me at the moment. But, in theory do the readers of this note think that I am on the right lines with me design.

NO

Where is your insurance if you stuff it up? Yep 3 bed semi, more than happy to throw a few numbers at you. 100k forget it. And to be honest, I'm being polite.

Thanks for all your comments, I will take them on board. The choices seem to be get an experienced plumber, for a job of this size or have a heating engineer design the system then proceed. Thanks again.

Thanks for all your comments, I will take them on board. The choices seem to be get an experienced plumber, for a job of this size or have a heating engineer design the system then proceed. Thanks again.

I would go with the latter if I were you, that way you get some some assurances on the designs, it may cost a bit more but you can then choose if you are going to do some of the prep work or get a plumber into do the lot, either way get all involved at a early stage including the spark for the controls wiring.

Best of luck

god forbid anyone makes some money lol we are al in it for the warm happy feelings

That's sounds like a very interesting project! What warranty do you have to give?

I've worked in France for a few years and found the cost of materials extortionate at least twice the price of English merchants also labour costs are higher due to higher taxes ni payments etc without looking at drawings it's hard to say wether your quotes are excessive, Don't expect a cheap job in France!

I was in France a couple of weeks back, as it is my mates place when the flush valve in the cloakroom toilet started letting-by & could not be repaired, I though I would replace it for him.

I went into the local plombiers merchants found the toilet section & dully fell over, they were €30 to 35 just for the cheap plastic valves.

Sod that me thinks, thats 12 bottles of wine & I am on holiday, he will have to fix it himself.

I was in France a couple of weeks back, as it is my mates place when the flush valve in the cloakroom toilet started letting-by & could not be repaired, I though I would replace it for him.

I went into the local plombiers merchants found the toilet section & dully fell over, they were €30 to 35 just for the cheap plastic valves.

Sod that me thinks, thats 12 bottles of wine & I am on holiday, he will have to fix it himself.

Send him one via screwfix Europe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to €100,000 heating system! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock