Search the forum,

Discuss 1/2" same as 15mm thread? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dholi85

Is a 1/2" male thread the same as the 15mm male thread on a compression fitting?

Thanks

Is a 1/2" male thread the same as the 15mm male thread on a compression fitting?

Thanks

There used to be some fine thread fittings about, not sure if they still are, but 99% will be the same as male BSP thread (tamz will tell us the name of them when he sees this)

There used to be some fine thread fittings about, not sure if they still are, but 99% will be the same as male BSP thread (tamz will tell us the name of them when he sees this)

20 thread think it was called this as there are 20 threads per inch

Like 3 port nuts size of 22's but not bsp or standard compression threaded.

Prestex and kuterlite. Prestex is slightly bigger with a fine thread and kuterlite is the same size but fine thread. They stopped making them (the 1/2" ones) in the 80's
All the 1/2" compression threads are std bsp's these days afaik but there are still some differences with 3/4 and 1" (prestex is still different) and the thread used on some motorised valves is a bit wierd size.

I must be getting senile because i don't know where i was on Monday but remember all this stuff :lol:
Btw always strip and keep a couple of old fittings in the van if you are doing powerflushes. Fine thread Kuterlites and prestex are still out there in abundance on old rad valves.

hi all, my first post here.
Btw what thread is on 22mm compression fittings? It is similar to 7/8" but it has smaller diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 1/2" same as 15mm thread? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock