Search the forum,

Discuss 0.5mb drop on tightness test - Should I be worried? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

This doesn’t sound like an opinion mate. It sounds like standard practice.
True it is standard practice but in Germany and not here in uk. I just stated few things how we do it in Germany I don’t think it’s wrong to mention some facts. You don’t seem like you like Germany :)

Nothing against Germany mate. It helped make England strong before we were properly part of the E.U;):p:p. At my moms house I am allowed to walk around in just my pants. Does that mean I can do it everywhere else?

Nothing against Germany mate. It helped make England strong before we were properly part of the E.U;):p:p. At my moms house I am allowed to walk around in just my pants. Does that mean I can do it everywhere else?
On open forum I would be like you mate :) not all the things which we are allowed to do are the rights things to do. Regulations both in Germany and England could be still improved.

Does Germany have an equivalent to gas safe?
It is slightly different compared to uk. Most people works for companies rather than being self employed. You will need a master degree to be able to run an own business. However, each company and installer needs to be registered though.

It is slightly different compared to uk. Most people works for companies rather than being self employed. You will need a master degree to be able to run an own business. However, each company and installer needs to be registered though.

Let’s get this right, you need a masters degree to start any business up?

Let’s get this right, you need a masters degree to start any business up?
Yes, if you want to work for yourself. It is not as simple like calling a company and getting self employed. You will need to hold a degree and that cost 12-15k

So if in that situation, you had a 3mbar drop on a g4 metre, your conscience gets the better of you and you decide to investigate. You isolate the appliances and prove the pipework is sound. You then test each appliance individually and find the gas valve on the fire is passing. What then? Do you leave it or have to condem it?
Once you have gone down that route thats it. I had a gas sqfe routine inspection not long ago and I had a 0.5 drop on the job he came out to. The gas safe guy confirmed no smell of gas on existing install its a pass. If I had decided to isolate appliances I would be obliged to find it.

Reply to 0.5mb drop on tightness test - Should I be worried? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock