Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the Central Heating Forum - Also see on the electrical forum: Central Heating Systems..

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

I want to have a completely separate CH boiler and DHW boiler. DHW easy enough, nothing to consider really, just plumbs to existing pipework CH option boilers are heat only or system. As I don't need the stored hot water tank, what would the setup be on either Heat only or system? What factors...
Replies
Views
Hi, Currently We have 2 meters and each meter is connected to 2 CU. We are looking to upgrade to a smart meter. At the moment OVO have no slots for my area however, when I do get a slot they will replace 1 of the meters and remove the other they bit I'm not sure about is how will the 2nd CU...
Replies
Views
I currently have a 20 year old 24kW thermocompact system boiler which is costing a fortune to run. I have 13 radiators, hive TRVs and a total heat loss of 7kW, my unvented cylinder takes 17.2kW to recharge. The boiler I’m looking at is an Ideal Vouge Max, would the advice be to err on caution...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Im aware the say you should keep 15mm runs supplying radiators to 12 metres. However if running one rad from a manifold, how much can I get away with? Im not holding a gun to your head. One of my runs has to be just over 13 meters. Thanks in advance. Donkey.
Replies
Views
I have a a 3 story house with a combi boiler on the top floor and a crawl space under ground floor. The heating on the ground floor is rubbish and looking under the floor the pipes are a bodged mess of 15mm copper, 15mm plastic, 10mm copper and 10mm plastic, that is uninsulated and slowly...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As part of our house refurb I had the boiler replaced and a pressurised hot water cylinder fitted. Builder's CH people used Glowworm Energy 7 30S system boiler, and mounted it very neatly above the cylinder. I was a bit surprised to see it piped in 15mm from the 22mm that comes through the...
Replies
Views
So I've got a Glow Worm back boiler fronted by a gas fire, at least 15 years old probably a lot more. The water heating makes a row as there is a partial blockage in one of the pipes - this I believe to be resolvable with a power flush and pump replacement. The front fire is spilling fumes and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Recently noticed that it takes approximately 11 pints of cold water to come through until we get luke warm water out of the hot tap. This happens on Kitchen tap and both the Shower room and the bathroom. Baxi engineer has been out 4 times and said all is normal but said he would change the...
Replies
Views
J
    • Love
During Covid I had to undertake a phone consultation to pass my Gas Safe Inspection. I failed dismally even though I have over 35 years experience! I am extremely knowledgeable in my industry, but when the pressure of having to answer rapid fire questions over the phone, and with an expectation...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
J
Hi all, I'm very new to boilers and would appreciate any advice. I've moved into a new flat (electric only, no gas) that has an old immersion tank that keeps the water hot all day. This is costing me a fortune. The only water I need heated is for two taps and a shower. In my old flat I had...
Replies
Views
Are they 3/4” they don’t look 1” but might be wrong as pics don’t look 100%
Replies
Views
just saw this on the old tinternet :D come on own up whose fault do you think it was
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was wondering whether someone could identify the attached device inside a Valliant ecoFIT pure 435. It is showing 32ohms of resistance across the live wires, so it isn't just a junction box.
Replies
Views
Friend has there boiler install company do the annual service exactly 3 years this week of them carrying out the install etc .The engineer told her that she needs a filter and it would roughly be £200 fitted (No issues there) .But was it not a requirement 3 years ago for all Vailants to have...
Replies
Views
Hi. Bored and wondering about a friend's boiler that was fitted a few years ago and that, having been involved with the heating system, I take an interest in. One of these jewels...
Replies
Views
Hi, Am trying to understand my mother's Apollo boiler. It has an intermittent fault. In the last couple of years, it has had a new thermocouple, a new "low" stat, and a new pump over-run switch. The RGI was not throwing parts at it, and the replacement of these has solved some problems: I...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock