Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the Central Heating Forum - Also see on the electrical forum: Central Heating Systems..

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

Hi all - this is my first post on here and I'm hopeful I can get some much needed advice from all the experts :) Please excuse my ignorance in advance! I'm having a 5m2 porch built at the front of my house and also a ground floor side extension which will create roughly 32m2 of internal floor...
Replies
Views
hi all, first post but so much info on here, hope you can help. I have an old britony cobi 80 boiler which im having a couple of problems with, well one problem really. i turn on the hot water all works fine and as it should do.... i have the room thermostat set at 25 deg, both on manual and...
Replies
Views
On a 35 year old very good condition Ideal W CF450 (GC 41 407 51) The top two of the 4 joints between the two halves of the cast iron heat exchangers are weeping when the boiler is warming up. - no leak at all when cold or hot Question:- anyone know what type of seals are used between both...
Replies
Views
Replaced pump on open vented system. Potterton boiler downstairs. Boiler work okay, while heating or hot water demands on as soon the demand is not there boiler will go in to lock out. When pump over run is on burner is off the boiler is bring more heat into the boiler or the air lock. It's...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal mini 24 boiler. It has started dripping water from the bottom of the boiler case after it has been on for a while. It also loses pressure slowly over 2 weeks. We have had an engineer and he said there is no sign of a leak inside the boiler so must be under floor which could be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Is the Concord WRS still serviceable/parts available? Have one in the house that I don’t really want to get rid of just get it serviced. Really don’t want someone coming out and saying it’s obsolete and condemning it! 😃 Thanks all.
Replies
Views
After recommendations on here, I'm after replacing an old red label Magnaclean (with broken valves) for a Trappex Centramag 2. I need a 28mm but I can't find anyone who stocks them...do they exist in 28mm and where can I get one? I'd rather order online as none of my local merchants have even...
Replies
Views
On behalf of a friend we are looking for which fan flued ng combi or system boiler has a good fitting from inside only. The outside is in Bath and 3/4 Floors up but the outside is above the River Avon so no ladders too high and no scaffold...unless expensive suspended stuff. around 20kw to 30kw...
Replies
Views
I moved into a new build 5 years ago and don't think the thermostats/heating has ever worked properly. I have 2 Siemens Rev24 thermostats and an Ideal Es35 boiler, running 2 heating zones (upstairs and downstairs). I programmed both thermostats with the same start and finish time, same comfort...
Replies
Views
I recently posted on here as I was having problems with my wireless thermostat and receiver, turns out the receiver has developed a fault. I have decided to change the old set up for a new receiver and wireless thermostat. However the wiring set up is different on the new unit ( a...
Replies
Views
I'm needing a type of fitting that can join copper pipe work. The plastic pipe on radiator isn't jg or hep20. Cheers
Replies
Views
My son recently bought a house and the Ch unit in the kitchen is missing a cover which conceals the pipework. I have offered to find a replacement cover but the problem is that there is no maker's make anywhere in sight! Can anybody identify the make (and model),?
Replies
Views
Yesterday we had an "installer" come and try to install a new WB Greenstar 25 boiler while I was at work. When I got home, my wife said that it didn't work when he tried connecting it to the fused spur switch, so he then tried adding a three pin plug to it, but that kept tripping the the fuse...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have just purchased a wireless room thermostat for my central heating. I've come to wire in the receiver to the boiler and found the boiler manual (Worcester 28i jr) calls for three wires, as I expected but the receiver (salus rxrt510) depicts four terminals. I'm not 100% sure which...
Replies
Views
I had a new ideal S32 Vogue boiler installed recnenlty. Its a system boiler. So i have a hot water cyclinder with a expension vessel to it. I keep losing pressure and need to top up every few days. No visible leaks that i can see.....however the discharge pipe is letting out water when i have...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock