UK Trades Forum
UK Trades Forum and Websites are some of our best properties. We have the UK Plumbers Forum here, then ElectriciansForums.co.uk, and TilersForums.co.uk. The main and best three forums we have that are trade-related.
Our UK Trades Forum Network
In the early 2000’s I worked at a tiling training centre in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire. As part of working there, in my spare time I built a tile forum that could be used by attendees of the tiling courses when they got home and actually started to practice well on family and friends.
They would end up with questions that we were happy to answer on the phone or via email in the training centre. Upto 15 people per week coming through the training centre at times, whether professional or DIY. So after a while I created the forum for those people to register to, for free. Then ask the questions, we could answer them, then the trainees shared their own experience. And then we had members register that were not from the training centre, which was fine with us. And we became the first tiling and tile forum this side of the pond, and the only one that specialised in professional trade talk, not just DIY.
Unfortunately I parted company with the training centre and gave them the tile forum
The First UK Trades Forum; TilersForums.co.uk Was Born
The UK Trades Forum, TilersForums.co.uk was born in April 2006. This forum still online now and is doing brilliantly (just had a new phase start but more on that later). Towards the end of 2019 we switched domains from .co.uk to .com to share our brilliant tile forum with the rest of the World not just the UK.
- Hi all, I recently bought one of those under the seat bidet sprayers for my toilet, but cannot for the life of me work out how to get the seat off in order to install it! I'm not a dumb person and reasonably handy, but there seems to be no way to access the fixings, […]
- My boiler packed up 11am yesterday after 21 years problem free heating. What happens when I switch it on is: The fan starts, the boiler then fires up and works for about 2 minutes and then the flames go out but the fan is still running. If I turn it all off for half and […]
- I'm decorating my living room & I have a double radiator that's in good nick & just needs a wipe down. However it doesn't have what comes with a new radiator, and that's the metal sides & the grill that covers the top to make it look neater. I've tried to search but can't find […]
- Howdy I need to install a new rough in valve in my shower-bath. I bought a Delta 10000 UNBX and using the existing 1/2" copper piping was able to fit up the 2 inlets and pipe to the shower head and another to the tub, all 1/2 copper. The bathroom is on the ground level. […]
- I have a high level cistern and was replacing the toilet pan (waste ceramic completely cracked through) and was hoovering around before connecting the waste and the lead inlet pipe and was just absent-mindely gently sucking lead filings out of the inlet pipe – and whoops, the downpipe grabbed the hoover end and started a […]
- Might anyone be able to help me with this one? It connects Saniflow output to a waste pipe. It has a silicone sealant inside which has completely detoriated. The silicone might be a later addition, I don't know. Alternatives to the piece also welcome. Thanks!
- I am trying to swap the stopcock as it just keeps turning when trying to turn off the water. There is a grey thing on top I'm not sure what it is?Hi, I am trying to swap the stopcock as it just keeps turning when trying to turn off the water. There is a grey thing on top I'm not sure what it is?
- I am looking for a round top rad like the old Barlow rads. I know Myson Premier HE make one. Is there another company that do? Thanks
- Hi. I have had a 'repair' done that I believe to be illegal under Water Regulations 1999, section 2.7. Is there anyone on here that's an expert on regs and can help regarding this? There is one water pipe that comes in from the road outside, through the cellar under the front room, and then […]
- Hi, hope someone can help. A few days ago I noticed that the hot water was not as hot as usual and the overflow pipe outside was pouring out water like someone had put the tap on. This was more or less continuous for the duration that the hot water was switched on. Had a […]
UK Plumbers Forums part of the UK Trades Forum
UK Plumbers Forums was born around the same time. It’s still online to this day. The main forum for this has moved to a PlumbersForums.net