UK Trades Forum
UK Trades Forum and Websites are some of our best properties. We have the UK Plumbers Forum here, then ElectriciansForums.co.uk, and TilersForums.co.uk. The main and best three forums we have that are trade-related.
Our UK Trades Forum Network
In the early 2000’s I worked at a tiling training centre in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire. As part of working there, in my spare time I built a tile forum that could be used by attendees of the tiling courses when they got home and actually started to practice well on family and friends.
They would end up with questions that we were happy to answer on the phone or via email in the training centre. Upto 15 people per week coming through the training centre at times, whether professional or DIY. So after a while I created the forum for those people to register to, for free. Then ask the questions, we could answer them, then the trainees shared their own experience. And then we had members register that were not from the training centre, which was fine with us. And we became the first tiling and tile forum this side of the pond, and the only one that specialised in professional trade talk, not just DIY.
Unfortunately I parted company with the training centre and gave them the tile forum
The First UK Trades Forum; TilersForums.co.uk Was Born
The UK Trades Forum, TilersForums.co.uk was born in April 2006. This forum still online now and is doing brilliantly (just had a new phase start but more on that later). Towards the end of 2019 we switched domains from .co.uk to .com to share our brilliant tile forum with the rest of the World not just the UK.
- Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me on this one. I have a Glowworm Flexicom 12hx boiler, currently getting two different error codes (F25 and F22). Landlord believes the boiler has lost pressure and needs topping up, but I have no way of checking the boiler pressure – no dial and no on […]
- Can a washing machine be used at the same time as the wc flush, running a bath or watering the garden?
- Greetings members of plumbersforums, Firstly – long post alert I’m struggling with my hot water currently – I’ve only mainly dealt with combi boilers, even then, not really had hot water too hot. Anyway I digress, my system is an open vented pre-lagged cylinder, S-plan, Myson 2 ports with a Myson cylinder stat. My hot […]
- So I've had a leak in this boiler for approximately 6 months. I hired an engineer to resolve and he suggested replacing a large black valve (I forget the name). After having the valve replaced, the leak appeared again around a week later. I tried to monitor so I could identify where the water was […]
- Greetings forum members, I’m fully qualified in plumbing and gas – however I struggle to retain information and need to go over things several times, or explore different methods of the same thing. I’m hoping there’s some on here that can offer advice without being answered in a condescending manner. I’m not great with electrics […]
- Morning everybody. Hope you are all well. What have you got on today / the rest of this week? How are we all feeling? I think we need help each other out a bit when we're in times like these. Hope you're doing okay. When are you up for your jab? – Do you know […]
- Hello all, new to forum. I’m having venting issues with the toilets sucking traps out of each other as well as the sink and bath tub. I could go at it and prob make it work but I’m by the book in every other aspects of my work (swimming pool installation) so advice from the […]
- I've recently had a prv changed by a British Gas engineer under the homecare contract that I've taken out. The valve had failed and water was pouring out from the overflow pipe. The valve was replaced without too much issue. However, the red expansion tank above the boiler was NOT re-pressurised after fitting the new […]
- The floor in my walk in shower is not level anymore so the water is collecting instead of going down the drain. How much would it cost to re-level the floor? Can the current tiles be reused? Thanks all
- Hi, I have a Mira GoPower in a bathroom. I'm getting my system upgraded to unvented with an accuboost pumped cylinder. Whilst I am planning a bathroom refurb (new tiles, tray, enclosure, mixer etc), can I turn off the power element to the shower and use it as a straightforward mixer on a temporary basis? […]
UK Plumbers Forums part of the UK Trades Forum
UK Plumbers Forums was born around the same time. It’s still online to this day. The main forum for this has moved to a PlumbersForums.net