UK Trades Forum
UK Trades Forum and Websites are some of our best properties. We have the UK Plumbers Forum here, then ElectriciansForums.co.uk, and TilersForums.co.uk. The main and best three forums we have that are trade-related.
Our UK Trades Forum Network
In the early 2000’s I worked at a tiling training centre in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire. As part of working there, in my spare time I built a tile forum that could be used by attendees of the tiling courses when they got home and actually started to practice well on family and friends.
They would end up with questions that we were happy to answer on the phone or via email in the training centre. Upto 15 people per week coming through the training centre at times, whether professional or DIY. So after a while I created the forum for those people to register to, for free. Then ask the questions, we could answer them, then the trainees shared their own experience. And then we had members register that were not from the training centre, which was fine with us. And we became the first tiling and tile forum this side of the pond, and the only one that specialised in professional trade talk, not just DIY.
Unfortunately I parted company with the training centre and gave them the tile forum
The First UK Trades Forum; TilersForums.co.uk Was Born
The UK Trades Forum, TilersForums.co.uk was born in April 2006. This forum still online now and is doing brilliantly (just had a new phase start but more on that later). Towards the end of 2019 we switched domains from .co.uk to .com to share our brilliant tile forum with the rest of the World not just the UK.
- Hi, This is my first forum posting ever so forgive me if I'm not clear. A few years back I put an addition onto my kitchen and ended up moving the sink. It seems that at about that time every once in a while our dishes would smell like sewer. We had a new septic […]
- Plumber says the heat exchanger aluminium baffles are breaking down and blocking the pipe which he showed me,now the question is do I change the heat cell or go for a new boiler. My boiler is 13 years old.
- Hi, Can anyone suggest the best way to fit a bath screen wall profile when the silcone at the bottom is sitting proud at the bath edge and prevents the profile from sitting flush . Cutting the silcone back slightly has caused slight leaks behind the bath.
- There seems to be a big shortage of duel flow kitchen taps, I know the trend is towards combis but there is still a lot of flats/bungalows with poor hot water pressure which means you need a duel flow tap. Any one got a good supplier of them? Thanks
- Hi looking at a Triton Mersey concealed thermo which has thrown a third cartridge in 8 yrs! now discontinued looking to replace with a manual mixer concealed or surface mount. Not bothered about loosing the fixed head, could go for a hose/rail. I believe centres for the feed pipes is 170mm. Trying to come up […]
- Ideal boiler loosing pressure (AT WITS END) Hi all looking to converse about my boiler problem with people with knowledge. I’d be grateful for advice. System Ideal Vogue S32 System Boiler Everflow Stainless unvented hot water cylinder (EN 300 P5)(300 liters) Drayton Mitime T740R timer/controller With 3x two port Auto valves giving 3 zones. Zone […]
- Hello I have a sealed ch system that I am trying to fit a new 3 way valve (leaking) and a water pump (nocking) in one go, problem is that the two shut off valves at the pump are solid screw type and will not turn even with a large bladed screwdriver so I am […]
- I have a macerator which does a toilet, sink and shower in our basement, it has worked fine for 2 years then water started backing up into shower tray so I took the macerator out (3 hr job due to location) and the non-return valve had come a bit loose. Repaired that, gave it a […]
- Looking for some help with the shower pressure issue. Issue had started after my boiler was replaced to a combi-boiler (worcester bosch greenstar 30i) about a year ago now. Hot water the shower is supplied from the combi boiler downstairs with cold water coming from the cold water tank in the loft. The shower mixer […]
UK Plumbers Forums part of the UK Trades Forum
UK Plumbers Forums was born around the same time. It’s still online to this day. The main forum for this has moved to a PlumbersForums.net