UK Trades Forum
UK Trades Forum and Websites are some of our best properties. We have the UK Plumbers Forum here, then ElectriciansForums.co.uk, and TilersForums.co.uk. The main and best three forums we have that are trade-related.
Our UK Trades Forum Network
In the early 2000’s I worked at a tiling training centre in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire. As part of working there, in my spare time I built a tile forum that could be used by attendees of the tiling courses when they got home and actually started to practice well on family and friends.
They would end up with questions that we were happy to answer on the phone or via email in the training centre. Upto 15 people per week coming through the training centre at times, whether professional or DIY. So after a while I created the forum for those people to register to, for free. Then ask the questions, we could answer them, then the trainees shared their own experience. And then we had members register that were not from the training centre, which was fine with us. And we became the first tiling and tile forum this side of the pond, and the only one that specialised in professional trade talk, not just DIY.
Unfortunately I parted company with the training centre and gave them the tile forum
The First UK Trades Forum; TilersForums.co.uk Was Born
The UK Trades Forum, TilersForums.co.uk was born in April 2006. This forum still online now and is doing brilliantly (just had a new phase start but more on that later). Towards the end of 2019 we switched domains from .co.uk to .com to share our brilliant tile forum with the rest of the World not just the UK.
- Hello I’m about to tackle my own bathroom and will be fitting a free standing bath, shower, wall hung toilet and vanity unit. Wanted to know if anyone had any ideas on what’s the best brands to use at reasonable price. I really like the crosswater stuff but it’s pricey. Looking for alternatives that are […]
- Hi – can’t turn this nut with serrated edges. Tried big pliers & gave stilsons a gentle go – but to no avail. Since brushed it clean & found it’s chewed up a bit. What’s the best tool & process before I damage it further? It’s dripping from spindle when shut off tight but trickling […]
- Hi all. Okay. Long storey but, I'll try & keep it as short as possible. We are buying a house that is in a little rural village so no gas. A guy bought it to renovate & sell over but it appears, bit off a little more than he can chew as apparently he usually […]
- Current spec as follows: Conventional boiler (Vaillant Ecotec) / open vented Drayton MA1 motorised valve actuator Honeywell cylinder stat Potterton EP2 programmer Danfoss Randall TP7001 room stat On order: – Drayton Wiser Heating & HW smart thermostat (Kit 2) Seeing as the Drayton Wiser kits are a bit of a bargain on Amazon today and […]
- I'd appreciate some guidance on whether my thinking is right: Direct feed, immersion-only tank, probably about 15 years old. Lower, side-entry element stopped heating the water at night. Testing showed that the timer was no longer switching the relay, so I replaced it. Since then, it has not been heating the water particularly hot. Checking […]
- I have a rather large wet UFH system. Water is flowing around the system, but I don't get any (or minimal) hot water injecting from the primary boiler flow into the ufh system. this means the mix temp never gets above 20 degrees. I think that the ufh system's pressure might be too high which […]
- Hi folks be glad of some help with this as its puzzling me. I have an Alpha 2 15-60-130 pump serving 12 Rads with thermo valves and Hot Water cylinder. The boiler is an Alpha CD18R Since I had another rad installed downstairs I've noticed the heating pump has been noisier than usual ie running […]
- Hello lads and ladies, I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com. It's a directory but it will come with some awesome features and it's well optimised. I'm aiming for a check-a-builder and mytrader type website, but free for both the customers and the tradesepeople. I need some listings adding so that I can make […]
- Hi there, I have a Vogue S32 Gen 2 in an empty rental property and noticed that the Boiler Pressure Gauge was high at about 3 bar. It may be that the old Tenants over pressured it with the filling loop, as I’ve certainly only filled it to 1.5 bar historically. I drained down the […]
- How do I check hot and cold water pressure on 15mm exposed copper pipe? We have a Grohe Avensys (GROHE 34222000) from Aug 2018 which I fitted myself, to replace a Grohe Avensys Modern EV from that had stopped regulating temperature properly which I'd fitted in 2008. The temperature regulation isn't working again, so I'm […]
UK Plumbers Forums part of the UK Trades Forum
UK Plumbers Forums was born around the same time. It’s still online to this day. The main forum for this has moved to a PlumbersForums.net