UK Trades Forum
UK Trades Forum and Websites are some of our best properties. We have the UK Plumbers Forum here, then ElectriciansForums.co.uk, and TilersForums.co.uk. The main and best three forums we have that are trade-related.
Our UK Trades Forum Network
In the early 2000’s I worked at a tiling training centre in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire. As part of working there, in my spare time I built a tile forum that could be used by attendees of the tiling courses when they got home and actually started to practice well on family and friends.
They would end up with questions that we were happy to answer on the phone or via email in the training centre. Upto 15 people per week coming through the training centre at times, whether professional or DIY. So after a while I created the forum for those people to register to, for free. Then ask the questions, we could answer them, then the trainees shared their own experience. And then we had members register that were not from the training centre, which was fine with us. And we became the first tiling and tile forum this side of the pond, and the only one that specialised in professional trade talk, not just DIY.
Unfortunately I parted company with the training centre and gave them the tile forum
The First UK Trades Forum; TilersForums.co.uk Was Born
The UK Trades Forum, TilersForums.co.uk was born in April 2006. This forum still online now and is doing brilliantly (just had a new phase start but more on that later). Towards the end of 2019 we switched domains from .co.uk to .com to share our brilliant tile forum with the rest of the World not just the UK.
- I have just recently had a 1/2" garden tap outside,but the hose pipes I've bought are all for 1/2" taps but none fit,could an one help me please
- Good Evening from sunny Clevedon. Heat Exchange was changed 1 year and 13 days ago. I fitted a new no flow thermister, which I was told would be the main suspect but has made no difference. Any advice ? I have a big pan on the boil all the time for shaving and doing the […]
- Have noticed my success rate with compression fittings fall over the last year or so. Am getting a few that weep. When I back to nut off to have a look the olive isn't over tighthed and I always clean the pipe first. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this whether it's just me or […]
- Just had a massive downpour and seems the inner tube of the vertical flue lets water in . The boiler is not connected as the plumber is doing that next week but I have put the flue through the roof hence noticing it . It's a condensing flue for oil system. It is new and […]
- Hi I have a leak from one of the pipes, going into the hot water cylinder, in the airing cupboard. There are 2 pipes going into the cylinder on the left hand side, (I think it is called a vented cylinder – colder water tank in loft) and it is the top pipe which is […]
- Hi, i've done a system conversion this weekend. Ideal Mexico out and vaillant ecotec combi in. Everything was stripped out but i couldn't find a F&E tank in the loft. Just a CWSS. I then looked for a filling loop and expansion vessel as i thought somebody may have converted it a few years back. […]
- I worked at a house where the internal stop tap was passing. But could isolate in the road. Access to the internal tap for swapping the whole valve isn't great. It it usually ok to split the valve and just change the head? Or even the washer? Thanks
- A little brain teaser for you chaps had a call yesterday my boilers not working ? see if you can spot what I found
- I'm looking for a single-piece shower screen to replace the 4 panel folding (got black mould on the rubber parts). Something simple like this: The problem I am finding is that after wading through lots of reviews, it seems to be a common problem across many models that they have a gap in the seal […]
- Hi Everyone. I am looking for the 'Collector hood and Cleanout cover' for a Ideal Mexico super slimline CF 475. Or would a similar model number have the same hood and cover ? If anyone knows. Many thanks Tre Chen
UK Plumbers Forums part of the UK Trades Forum
UK Plumbers Forums was born around the same time. It’s still online to this day. The main forum for this has moved to a PlumbersForums.net